Eye Protection Standards

gasman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...

didnt want to start a thread.  but do you reckon the supposed 'military grade' stuff you can get of army surplus would survive a bb?  im thinking along the lines of

https://grey-shop.ru/6b50-ratnik-goggles

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Immortal said:

If they say military grade with the STANAG 2920 safety standard then apparently that should take upto 7.5 joules.

Pretty sure that Russia isn't in NATO.

Making allowances for translation, they're implying that they're 3mm polycarb.  If so, they will massively exceed what most players are using, and will stop anything pewed at you.

I stress the "if" there.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Pretty sure that Russia isn't in NATO.

Making allowances for translation, they're implying that they're 3mm polycarb.  If so, they will massively exceed what most players are using, and will stop anything pewed at you.

I stress the "if" there.

Agreed, if they're 3mm polycarbonate they'll happily stop shrapnel from a grenade.  BBs are no problem, even at a bajillion FPS

if these are cheap enough then buy them and get a sniper buddy to shoot them at close range if they are good enough for that then your good to go should not even mark them!

People are responsible for what they buy.

Wanna go cheap? Fine by me, just accept the consequences ;) you'll then learn the lesson :)

I've used a €10 mesh mask for years and it is still 100% fine, but after seeing a mate getting bb shards in his eyes (through the mesh) I decided that it just wasn't worth..

Ballistic glasses are expensive and they fog up, but nothing's ever coming through the lens, not even in a million years.

It's fun though, as people spend £1000 for guns and plate carriers but refuse to pay for the single most important piece of gear.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

It's fun though, as people spend £1000 for guns and plate carriers but refuse to pay for the single most important piece of gear.

Its like this in any hobby, the one that airsoft vaping and rc have in common is spending hundreds on kit and nice lipo batteries then chucking them on a £5 ebay special charger

13 hours ago, Skara said:

People are responsible for what they buy.

Wanna go cheap? Fine by me, just accept the consequences ;) you'll then learn the lesson :)

I've used a €10 mesh mask for years and it is still 100% fine, but after seeing a mate getting bb shards in his eyes (through the mesh) I decided that it just wasn't worth..

Ballistic glasses are expensive and they fog up, but nothing's ever coming through the lens, not even in a million years.

I wholeheartedly agree with this but I still would hate to be the one that took his eye out during a game so lets encourage the idiots to buy better protection!

Oh its also why we don't use Nuprol BBs

Archived