Silverback SRS Sport

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 hours ago, Prisce said:

They are good buddy. Our 3 snipers all use a variation of the SRS, and I agree with your sentiment about the sport. You don’t need the extra length!

Isn’t the sport the long one? I wanted the 16” one but I wasn’t paying an extra £100 for it 

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Isn’t the sport the long one? I wanted the 16” one but I wasn’t paying an extra £100 for it 

The Sport is 20" - he was probably meaning the 22, which is an extra £160.
The 16 is an extra £130.
Either way it was a nope from me. lol.

What was the SRS like prior to upgrades? Is it playable out the box or does it need upgrades to be effective?

(I know most other brand rifles needs upgrades but I wondered if it was true of this)

11 minutes ago, Immortal said:

What was the SRS like prior to upgrades? Is it playable out the box or does it need upgrades to be effective?

I can't answer that question tbh. Because I never shot it as standard.
It came with a chrono certificate that said it was shooting at 399 fps on .2s.
However, I had ordered it with an m150 spring, so put that in - and the Joules were about 2.6, so I cut a few coils off to get it down.
Mine can't hop anything over .4 as standard, so I've got hold of the FAST hope unit - but I'm tempted to leave it as is for the moment.

Just now, sonofsammo said:

I can't answer that question tbh. Because I never shot it as standard.
It came with a chrono certificate that said it was shooting at 399 fps on .2s.
However, I had ordered it with an m150 spring, so put that it - and the Joules were about 2.6, so I cut a few coils off to get it down.
Mine can't hop anything over .4 as standard, so I've got hold of the FAST hope unit - but I'm tempted to leave it as is for the moment.

Cool, thanks for the info. 👍

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Immortal said:

(I know most other brand rifles needs upgrades but I wondered if it was true of this)

Yes it is. Search the forum for SRS vs SSG and find my post comparing the two. The SRS stock is better than the SSG.

The SRS has "ruined" airsoft for me.
In a very strange way.
After every game day, I would look back at everything that had gone wrong, or everything that could be improved - and then I'd think about how to fix it. Or how to overcome it.
After the game on Sunday, there's nothing.
I have no desire for more kit. I don't want to upgrade the rifle.
The FAST hop and Prowler nub were delivered yesterday. I've got a new 510mm CJ barrel I could fit when the hotshot SRS bucking gets delivered.
But the delivery's still in its box.
Because I don't see the point. It hit everything I aimed at - so why would I upgrade it?

At the moment, it can't hop anything over .4 - but why would I want it to?
I think I ended caught up in mustupgrade-itis.
So I suppose after my ramble the question is this:
When I have a rifle which can reliably hit out to 80/85m, why would I want to add upgrades for an unknown benefit?
Cos at the moment, I don't know what the benefit will be, other than the ammo costing me a lot more...

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

In a very strange way.
After every game day, I would look back at everything that had gone wrong, or everything that could be improved - and then I'd think about how to fix it. Or how to overcome it.
The FAST hop and Prowler nub were delivered yesterday. I've got a new 510mm CJ barrel I could fit when the hotshot SRS bucking gets delivered.
Because I don't see the point. It hit everything I aimed at - so why would I upgrade it?

When I have a rifle which can reliably hit out to 80/85m, why would I want to add upgrades for an unknown benefit?
Cos at the moment, I don't know what the benefit will be, other than the ammo costing me a lot more...

This is the only sniper rifle I have ever wanted. Damn would I be save up the moolah for one though. 😕

14 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

This is the only sniper rifle I have ever wanted. Damn would I be save up the moolah for one though. 😕

TL;DR .  BUY ONE NOW!

When I started airsoft and found out this existed, because I'm a huge John Wick fan, I wanted one.
However, I listened to the general advice against sniping from the off.
And it's a huge chunk of cash if you don't know if you'll like playing.
However - I wish I'd bought it at the start. I would have had fewer frustrations and although the initial purchase is high, I would have spent less money on fewer rifs.
I bought it without ever having even touched one, let alone shot one. And yet, it's like it was built just for me. It's ergonomics are spot on and unlike nearly all my other rifs there is nothing I would change.
I'm actually thinking of selling (nearly) all my other rifs to get another one 😄 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

In a very strange way.

Ask Jack. He has “fully” upgraded his, and last range finder test he was at 120M with .48s. 

Knowing you you have the best range on the field is extremely handy.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Slamz said:

I've wanted one of these since seeing a guy using one at my local field, but everywhere is out of stock :(

Message either Skirmshop UK, or Longbow and they’ll get you one.

Guest StrategyBish

I love my SRS!!

I bought one of the first Gen 2 batches last year and have progressivly upgraded and tuned it whilst the new developments are being made.

I have gone through:

• 4 barrel setups
  • 3 piston setups
  • 6 hop setups
  • 3 bolt handles
  • 5 spring variations

I have finally settled on what i beileve to be possibly the best i cant get out of the rifle. My "Honeybadger"

The setup is as follows:

SRS 22" rail system

SRS 16" outer barrel

Unbranded suppressor w/ homemade scouring pad filling

Hawke 3-9x 42 scope

Sniper Mechanics SRS W.A.S.P set to full break and heaviest weight.

EDGI 450 FPS spring

EDGI dual bore barrel 5.95-6.05x420mm inner barrel

Silverback 60 Bucking w/ silverback "flat" nub

Silverback 2018 Fast Hop

I have also ground off the guide lug on the cylinder for a smoother bolt pull.

Using this setup the gun is alost inaudible at 3m and at a 2.19J @ 0.45g setup is touching 95-100m flat in the right conditions.

IMG_20180909_200839_350.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I'm looking for some help.

I've got the 16" covert with WASP piston and just upgraded to the fast hop, TNT barrel, TNT bucking and Tigra nub, M150 spring but I'm only ranging about 55 meters before the bb dips. (.48g, 317fps, 2.15j) I could only use 0-2 on the hop wheel before the bb's jam. 

I switched out the Tigra nub for the silverback one and could use 0-5 on the fast hop wheel but the distance was the same, 55 meters before dipping, I cant increase anymore hop so I'm stuck.

To me with these upgrade I should be getting a better result!?

I feel the gun shot better with the original hop, barrel, bucking. I may have to put that back in to test.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I was hoping to be nearer the 75 meter mark to be honest (flat trajectory)

Another sniper forum i was on basically said my TNT parts were crap and not much better than the stock parts?

I've just swapped out my tnt barrel for a pdi.

First thing is to check if you have a 100% seal.  The WASP can be picky on the lube used, I would definitely try putting in the stock piston and retrying.  

I got rid of my WASP and settled on the mouse fart piston head.

Nothing wrong with the stock barrel, I'd try that with the fast hop using the standard bucking, maybe try with/without the wasp as it's a quick change.

Only reason I changed the barrel was due to over tightening the hop screws and damaging my original one.

The SRS can be a pain to setup if you change too many parts at the same time.

Also try some different bb brands and weights.  I have seen people have issues like yours (no hop,no hop. no hop, jam) on certain bbs.

Cheers for the reply mate.

The WASP i had on before I changed to the TNT parts and it worked well so I'd be surprised if it was that but you never know

Someone posted just above with the same weight bb's n joules and is getting almost double the distance so I need to figure this out lol.

I might take apart the fast hop n try again. The Joules I'm getting seems OK so if I had an airleak would it not be lower? Same with the FPS output, it just seems like the bb's aren't being lifted well enough. 

That points to the fasthop, bucking and nub to me, what do you think?

I might try the silverback bucking n nub on the TNT barrel like you mentioned and if that doesn't work I might try the old barrel on the fast hop, silverback bucking n nub.

What distances you getting on your set up mate?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.