Versatile sniper kit, any suggestions? (Almost done, working on camo atm)

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes I have used one. But at the moment I don't feel like dropping €200 on a pistol and €50 per mag.

Clones are impossible to find here, and the places that have them in stock are selling those guns at €100, which is borderline retarded for a replica.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Can you buy from Taiwan Gun? Or similar? When they are in stock there they are like €30.

We built a completely upgraded Mk23 that shoots .45g like laser beams for £70, if you can build a gun better for less, I will do it. 

Mags are expensive, and difficult to find, but you’ll only need 2, and in your climate they’ll last forever!

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Can you buy from Taiwan Gun? Or similar? When they are in stock there they are like €30.

Are they EU based? If so, 100% fine with them, no customs to go through :)

can't read their shipping prices page though -.- maybe I'm just too stupid for that. Should be around €15 shipping for Italy..

Also can't find any mk23 -.-

The STTI looks nice for the price, the only things that worry me are the plastic suppressor (14mm clockwise thread, if it breaks I can replace it easily) and the outer barrel material (can't see if it's metal or plastic, I guess the latter).

Is it the same as the HFC one? Are mags compatible with TM/other brands?

Mk23 + 1/2 spare mags would serve me well..

• Supporters

there's a nice Mac10 gone on the classifieds tonight 😉

22 hours ago, Tackle said:

there's a nice Mac10 gone on the classifieds tonight 😉

Don't like the feel of it :(

Anyway..

This is getting ridiculous!!!

Mk23 stti, silverback mk23 suppressor, TM mk23 mag, 2x ares striker short mag, AAC hop up adjusting wheel, AAC suppressor adaptor (23mm CW - 14mm CCW)

all this stuff for €173.20 shipped (shipping is €19.90) from airsoft entrepot.

The mk23 alone is €90 from the only Italian shop that has one. 40 for a mk23 mag. Not counting €10 shipping.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I keep saying, plastic M4 and a hacksaw.

Waiting for VFC to release their f*cking AEG MP7. If it turns out to be too expensive I'll get the Ares CCR instead, as I can get an used one from a mate for dirt cheap (not even €50 iirc).

Mk23 is for memes and stealth butt shots.

Went to the local shop, saw a TM hi-capa 4.3, felt nice in my hand.

Price should be between €150 and 200.

Shall I buy that one instead of the mk23 (and get the mk23 at a later date next year)?

• Supporters

the tm hi-capa is awesome, I've got two, but the mk23 beats most stuff on range, & the nbb versions are almost silent, so depends if you wanna be a sneaky bugger or not.😊

For now my being sneak has only resulted in catastrophic failures xD

Anyway, here's a purchase plan:

- 2x striker mag, hop wheel and suppressor adaptor for €70 shipped

- steel striker cylinder, the brass one is just bad. Around €50

- TM hi-capa 4.3 + 1 spare mag (don't know the price yet)

- warrior universal holster for €40 at local shop n°2

- mancraft sdik, mancraft regulator, 48/3000 cylinder for roughly €300

- stti mk23, spare mag and silverback suppressor for €124 shipped 

{[EDIT] - VFC MP7 + a couple of spare mags, if it's expensive then Ares CCR}

In this order, based on my autism in prioritising stuff :P

According to my stupid brain I should have everything by the end of January/mid February..

Ghillie is finished, will test this Sunday.

As far as equipment, I'm gonna use my Emerson belt and my Emerson backpack, last Sunday they performed nicely and I think it's going to be my go to loadout for sniping!

Will post a picture of the whole kit soon!

• Supporters

be careful with the holster, cant speak for the warrior model but I've had issues previously with non specific holsters hitting the mag release on the 4.3, recommend you look at serpa's (or clones) for a 1911, very easy to mod for the hi-caps & is rock solid in use.

21 hours ago, Tackle said:

be careful with the holster, cant speak for the warrior model but I've had issues previously with non specific holsters hitting the mag release on the 4.3, recommend you look at serpa's (or clones) for a 1911, very easy to mod for the hi-caps & is rock solid in use.

I have the choice of either the WAS or genuine IMI defence ones. Once I have the pistol I will try both and decide which one to buy :)

cheers for the heads up mate :)

actually cytac seems to make a dedicated hi-capa holster for around €30, I'll see if I can find one here.

Just an idea of the rifle wrap.

The scrim in the background is supposed to be Italian vegetata 🤔

And the MRDS is for memes :P

P_20181214_172649_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

Alright, the hi-capa I saw costs €180, I can get a genuine TM mk23 for the same price 😕

At this point, f*ck the hi-capa.

Stti mk23 and Ares CCR it is then.

Designing a way to carry the thing -.-

Armpit holster on the left for the mk23 for sure, and maybe some sort of retention on the right side with some kydex/Velcro..

Won't be pretty but at least I have something to fight back in those "I'm in deep sheeeeet" moments.

Actually, a teammate is selling his arp 9 for around €200 with a drum mag and a stick one. Gun's been used like twice.. Considering it instead of the ccr 

Choice has come down to:

ARP 9 (used, 1x stick high cap and 1x drum), €180

Ares M4 CCR (new) €150

JG P90 (new) €135

This is what's available at my local shop.

Which one should I go for?

I will try to dampen the sound anyway following this guide https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/55923-how-make-quietest-aeg-ever.html#/topics/55923

The ARP is loud as hell and a great shooter out the box IMHO. The hicap sticks are rubbish but the drum is spot on. Downside is the drum makes it bulky to sling but no issue to handle. The range is very good, enough to pick off sniper/DMR players (which is handy and fun).

No idea on the other two in your list.

The ROF of the ARP is high, you could make it quieter or just enjoy the noise as you mow down targets with laser beams. lol :lol:

CCR has the same exact gearbox as my other 2 guns (yep, I'm an Ares Amoeba fanboi).. I know nothing about the p90..

I will probably follow your advice and go for the ARP, just because it's not the average AR and a third Amoeba would be redundant and boring.

Plus I know for a fact it's been used only twice, and that if I were to buy it new I'd spend at least €230 for the gun and another €80 for the drum..

I just hope to still find it when I collect the freaking rent.

It'll delay my purchase plan by a lot, but hey, it's a fun loadout, I can take my time to complete it :)

58 minutes ago, Immortal said:

How's the ARP?

It's one snappy boi.

Will properly test it tomorrow, along with this loadout :)

18 hours ago, Immortal said:

How's the ARP?

Sorry in advance for the double quote, for some reason mentioning does funny stuff on mobile.

Anyway, snappy boi is also fast boi.

The RoF is stupid fast, dumped a whole drum in literally 3 games..

Spring is rattling when the gun cycles, it may have been cut down to decrease the fps.. Also the hop up isn't aligned, as the bbs violently steer to the left after 20m..

Nothing major though, hop is easily fixed by a home made flat nub and a modded g&g green bucking.

For the spring I'll need a chrono to test the dozens of springs I have in my spare parts drawer..

Small update on the whole kit, based on today's experience:

The sling + retention system I created from a one point sling doesn't really work, the shoulder piece is 100% fine, length is spot on for the arp, and even with the stock extended it doesn't get in the way.

The retention piece on the belt, on the other hand, was pretty much useless -.-

I will be discussing that in the other thread I made.

Ghillies are HOT, as in they make you sweat more than holding a fart next to the crush of your life. Not really suited to my play style. So I am gonna use it from time to time, while keeping the hat on, but it lost its permanent spot in my kit.

Although the arp sling is now handled, I still find it difficult to effectively sling my striker.

I will be tinkering with my gear a bit more, until I find a somewhat better way to sling it.

Everything else is spot on, backpack and belt are awesome, and the loadout is very versatile and mobile.

• Skara changed the title to Versatile sniper kit, any suggestions? (Almost done, working on camo atm)

Archived