The "Share A Bargain" Thread Discussion section Only

clumpyedge

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I have a general disgust for Warrior but not bad discounts ;)

🤮🤮🤮

Seems a bit harsh....

3 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I have a general disgust for Warrior but not bad discounts ;)

🤮🤮🤮

I thought it was only just me.  Are we Airsoft snobs?

7 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Seems a bit harsh....

Their stuff just annoys me and the fact people tout them like they are the best thing since sliced bread when there is much better for the money on the market...few airsoft celebs are guilty of this (not mentioning any names)

6 minutes ago, Dino said:

I thought it was only just me.  Are we Airsoft snobs?

I don't class myself as a snob but the majority of the guys I play with used to use WAS gear but when they discovered other brands quickly ditched it for being inferior in comparison.

4 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Their stuff just annoys me and the fact people tout them like they are the best thing since sliced bread when there is much better for the money on the market...few airsoft celebs are guilty of this (not mentioning any names)

I don't class myself as a snob but the majority of the guys I play with used to use WAS gear but when they discovered other brands quickly ditched it for being inferior in comparison.

What makes WAS inferior to these other brands in your opinion? What are the other brands? 

90% of my stuff is WAS but i’ll Be wanting a chest rig early next year and open to suggestions of better stuff at similar money. 

*Looks like my post got dragged in with the discussion thread. Will repost in the actual thread! 

2 hours ago, E21A said:

What makes WAS inferior to these other brands in your opinion? What are the other brands? 

90% of my stuff is WAS but i’ll Be wanting a chest rig early next year and open to suggestions of better stuff at similar money. 

To be honest I don't know their reasons but from my personal perspective comparing the likes of the low profile PC to my slickster by Ferro the Ferro one was bar far the better PC. Better material use, Comfort and load baring support on the shoulders/body - felt like the WAS one would chaff with excessive use (sounds like a bra now).

Personally after using things like the cheaper chestrigs - Emerson/TMC etc and having had the Spiritus Systems micro rig I will always go back to the mayflower rig I have now (regret selling my first one) its comfortable, holds enough of what i actually need and can be mounted on a PC if needed.

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

With all the MP5 love the forum has been exuding I think this is an excellent purchase. 

200 Round GSG (Cyma High Cap) MP5 mags. £5 each brand new from action hobbies. They fit perfectly in my new JG MP5. Appears to feed well. 

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/GSG-Magazine-For-MP5-200rd_A22K3O.aspx?nh=281823#.W_1MohP7TBI

I bought 9! (Between two people :P )

You're a hero, i bought a G&G TGM MP5 on black friday and was looking for mags! saved me a bomb!@Asmodias

That’s interesting to see some negativity for warrior stuff. Having come from an Airsoft plate carrier, I found it was far superior in every way. Particularly the backing material and stitching. The cheap Airsoft ones used to cheese grate me. Especially when it was warm and you’re sweating. I’ve not seen anything cheaper that’s close to the quality. 

• Supporters

I’ve tried a fair few brands over the yrs (from VERY high end stupid money for Airsoft all the way down too the take in too big a breath and the stitching pops quality !) but I always seem to end up back with Blackhawk rigs , there not super dooper latest technology ultra kit but I’ve got loads of the bloody things now !

2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

That’s interesting to see some negativity for warrior stuff. Having come from an Airsoft plate carrier, I found it was far superior in every way. Particularly the backing material and stitching. The cheap Airsoft ones used to cheese grate me. Especially when it was warm and you’re sweating. I’ve not seen anything cheaper that’s close to the quality. 

Thats because he’s comparing the Slickster to the Warrior CPC, taste the difference vs Sainsbury’s basic!😂

6 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

VFC FNX-45 reduced to £99 at Fire Support.

They have eight of them.

Love mine 👍

4 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Good time to pick up a second one then.

In case the first ever goes down. Especially if you have invested in a few mags for it.

I got mine on the first £99 sale. Gonna wait for the TM one next as the VFC mags are £42 and one has broke the base o ring the other day😭

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

WE Rifs on HobbyKing are crazy cheap ATM...

shame it doesnt let you buy any of them

9 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

shame it doesnt let you buy any of them

Yes. Yes it is.

It doesn't let you buy any of them. I tried to add a WE GBB on hobbyking and it was only in stock in Hong King and stated that it can't be shipped from there. The UK/EU warehouses don't have anything but batteries.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Aengus said:

Anyone managed to get the jkarmy 15% christmas code working? Wont do it for me (JKXMAS18)

Have to laugh reading the print under the advert:

Not include: Airsoft BB guns, Airsoft mag, battery & charger, BBs, gas

So not much of an offer.