Please help me choose a gun

LupiSLB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there!

im new on this and going to buy my first AEG!

i had made a selection and now I had to choose on 2 guns!

first is: G&G TR16 MBR 556WH 

second: Krytac Trident MKII SPR

what do you choose and why? :)

please give me some help I need to buy it to play tomorrow!

thanks in advance!

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, LupiSLB said:

im new on this and going to buy my first AEG!

8 minutes ago, Immortal said:

What did your last one die of?

🙄

• Supporters
Just now, Immortal said:

It's a saying....

I know it is. 

The eyeroll is both for the literal interpretation of the OP and your post, plus for the inferred intent of the saying.

I refer you to Life Rule No1 - try not to be a dick.

• Supporters

shouldn't this thread be on Facebook 😉

Go to the shop, take a look at both and see what feels comfortable to you.

AEGS will always be so similar. 

Krytac are a decent company with some good guns and im sure the Trident is a good option. However, G&G are reliable and most people will have/have had a G&G in their airsoft time. It's about what feels comfortable for you. 

If youre into CQB do you want a overly long gun? Probably not, but it doesnt make too much difference.

Do you want to flex your muscles and get a metal gun which I cant carry because im weak? Maybe.

Get what you need and what makes you happy.  

42 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Go to the shop, take a look at both and see what feels comfortable to you.

AEGS will always be so similar. 

Krytac are a decent company with some good guns and im sure the Trident is a good option. However, G&G are reliable and most people will have/have had a G&G in their airsoft time. It's about what feels comfortable for you. 

If youre into CQB do you want a overly long gun? Probably not, but it doesnt make too much difference.

Do you want to flex your muscles and get a metal gun which I cant carry because im weak? Maybe.

Get what you need and what makes you happy.  

Thanks Robert!

Just a question, do you know if I can upgrade the G&G to make it with the power of krytac? The internals are booth nice?

this G2 system is better thank the one of Krytac?

greets

luis  

I have the Krytac, it’s a great gun, excellent range and accuracy despite mine having an issue with low FPS. Absolute pain to take apart because someone decide to use threadlocker on everything! Still love it though. Can’t comment on the G&G, never used one but they are a bit of a got to for a lot of people which kind of says it all really.

Have a Krytac, cannot fault it at all...

But hear good things about the G&G too :D

In all honesty, I dont think you can go wrong with either. Go with what you either:

1) Prefer the look off

2) Prefer the feel off (trying out each is recommended for the 'feel' the weight and try shouldering it looking down sights etc)

3) What you can afford. Bare in mind you will want extra mags, battery charger and pouches etc... A £50 saving on the rifle could mean the difference between other gear.

Remember its airsoft, most AEGs of a similar price are comparable  anyway. And I have have some of the best days running around with a shitty almost broken Combat Raider with no sights, stock or any externals, with a high cap racking up kills on dudes in full tactical geardo outfits with guns which cost more than all the kit I had on the day.

46 minutes ago, GenePoolReject said:

I have the Krytac, it’s a great gun, excellent range and accuracy despite mine having an issue with low FPS. Absolute pain to take apart because someone decide to use threadlocker on everything! Still love it though. Can’t comment on the G&G, never used one but they are a bit of a got to for a lot of people which kind of says it all really.

Yeah I think Krytac is better but that G&G is awesome 😎 

26 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Have a Krytac, cannot fault it at all...

But hear good things about the G&G too :D

In all honesty, I dont think you can go wrong with either. Go with what you either:

1) Prefer the look off

2) Prefer the feel off (trying out each is recommended for the 'feel' the weight and try shouldering it looking down sights etc)

3) What you can afford. Bare in mind you will want extra mags, battery charger and pouches etc... A £50 saving on the rifle could mean the difference between other gear.

Remember its airsoft, most AEGs of a similar price are comparable  anyway. And I have have some of the best days running around with a shitty almost broken Combat Raider with no sights, stock or any externals, with a high cap racking up kills on dudes in full tactical geardo outfits with guns which cost more than all the kit I had on the day.

That G&G had new internals I’m really confused in what to choose but I think I’ll go for the G&G because it look so nice 😜

• Supporters
1 hour ago, LupiSLB said:

upgrade the G&G to make it with the power of krytac

What?  They claim the same energy, give or take a fraction.

I'd get the Krytac, for the simple reason that G&G is a budget-ish brand, so the Krytac will hold its value better.  Even though all airsoft toy are basically the same.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

What?  They claim the same energy, give or take a fraction.

I'd get the Krytac, for the simple reason that G&G is a budget-ish brand, so the Krytac will hold its value better.  Even though all airsoft toy are basically the same.

G&G makes more than the Raider you know.  They are infact one of the longest established premier brands in Airsoft, having been making Metal Bodied M4 back in the nineties.  Krytac on the other hand are a noise overated new company having been around 3 or 4 years ish.

1 hour ago, LupiSLB said:

Yeah I think Krytac is better but that G&G is awesome 😎 

That G&G had new internals I’m really confused in what to choose but I think I’ll go for the G&G because it look so nice 😜

There you go.. buy that one.. As mentioned it doesnt really matter. They both do the same job are effectively the same thing.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, BigAl said:

G&G makes more than the Raider you know.  

It doesn't matter what I know, it matters what OP's potential buyers "know" when he gets bored and wants to sell it in 30 seconds time.

As others have said get what you like the look/feel of best. I have the new G&G TR16 MBR 308SR version and it's a cracker.

First game with it was at the Mall with this lot, played lovely but didn't show the range of it. Had a game at my local site and it was out ranging most of the other on the field.

Pretty much stock from box only change I have made was XT60 connections for lipo battery(11.1v 15c 1300mwh) and some hop adjustments, was using geoffs 0.28's. 

Its fun and I love it. 

Either will be fine.

If you’re over 18, then for God’s sake get your UKARA first with rentals. Or you’ll be stuck feeling sheepish trying to hide behind a bush with a bright turquoise M4

1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

Either will be fine.

If you’re over 18, then for God’s sake get your UKARA first with rentals. Or you’ll be stuck feeling sheepish trying to hide behind a bush with a bright turquoise M4

And then end up on the dreamers thread when you try to sell it for what you paid 😉

Archived