First gun purchase?

Dread
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Parts are generally zero issues (never had one spot of bother from US/HK/EU), it's only importing complete units that you have to make sure you get them to add your UKARA number to the package (for customs) and making sure guns are the correct power for the region. 

You'll get hit with VAT on arrival depending on value, but that's the same with anything from outside the EU.

I buy all kinds of stuff from all over the world, and VAT/import duty (plus any 'handling fees' - Royal Mail like to charge £8 for the honour) is my only after sale bugbear.

2 minutes ago, Dread said:

My only problem with buying the metal slide is the price. Just looked and you can pick these guns up for around £80 - £100 brand new with metal slides.

I wouldn’t bother, unless you particularly like the gun, just buy something new

I just went to checkout to see how much it would cost and it came up as £52 to buy and deliver. So I’m assuming after all taxes have been added on, I’d be looking at £60ish.

so yeah I’m gonna try the repair and if it fails then I’m not gonna waste any money on this.

For CQB - it depends how CQ your B is.
Indoors, I always use pistols. Sometimes one, sometimes two, but always pistols.
I hate the extra size indoors for going round corners etc.
You can't really go wrong with a Hi-capa (of whichever make you like - everyone will generally say TM, but my fave at the mo is a split slide AW) and an extended mag. Excellent range, awesome rate of fire, light, manoeuvrable  and you can switch to your off hand easily for corners / obstacles etc.
If it's an indoor range with MUCH longer site lines, a case could be made for pistols, but for me, I just don't like em inside.

Hey again.

so I repaired my slide in the week and tested it back on the gun (just dry firing) and all seems well. So I purchased some bb’s to try the gun out properly. They arrived today, I loaded my mag up and....

i have another problem.

the gun shoots 3 or 4 rounds but then just dry fires. I take the mag out for inspection and the top bb hasn’t been pushed all the way up. So I give the doing a flick and it resets its self. This process just repeats, 3/4 bullets and stops feeding.

is the mag bust, or could it be the bb,s?

any suggestions

thanks

dread

Try a drop of silicon oil (just a drop) in the channel the follower rides, and manually push the sliding mechanism up and down a few times to spread the lube, before reloading with BBs and trying again; if the gun hasn't been used in some time the spring and follower may be sticking, but don't use too much lube as it will contaminate the hop etc with transference

I gave the mag a drop of silicone oil and tested again, but it’s still not feeding properly.

i took the mag out and took a picture (below), and it looks like the bb’s are getting jammed.

thanks

dread

00A80C2F-CACF-417F-AC8A-5D4BE5A900AC.jpeg

the bbs look very dirty i would clean the runners before oiling them again. it is also possible the spring is just worn out.

It’s not dirt on the bb’s, that’s just their colour. However I have got some kitchen roll and stuffed it into the mag to clean it and there is dirt in there. Try shooting again and it’s working better but still jams once or twice a mag load.

am I going to have to take it apart for a proper clean?

as for the spring, I can’t see it being worn out because my brother didn’t use it a whole lot defore it broke. He then just stored it away afterwards

thanks

dread

21 minutes ago, Dread said:

It’s not dirt on the bb’s, that’s just their colour. However I have got some kitchen roll and stuffed it into the mag to clean it and there is dirt in there. Try shooting again and it’s working better but still jams once or twice a mag load.

am I going to have to take it apart for a proper clean?

as for the spring, I can’t see it being worn out because my brother didn’t use it a whole lot defore it broke. He then just stored it away afterwards

thanks

dread

did he leave it loaded? that could cause metal fatigue

If you look in the gas technical section I had the exact same issue that I have managed to resolve with some file work. 

Hey again guys.

so last night I took the spring out of the mag and cleaned the channel as much as possible, then reapplied some oil. This seemed to have cured my problem. 

So today I played at the vault with it and I didn’t have a problem. The slide didn’t crack again and the mag didn’t jam up, so I’m very pleased.

thanks to everyone who commented and in aiding me to get this gun working. It’s much appreciated.

dread

Archived