Short dot scopes

william1134
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have an ancient BSA red dot scope on my aeg and I think it is time for a refresh and see what new tech is out there. My scope is around 16 years old and has done very very well. 

I am currently thinking about something different and I am attracted by what I think are called short-dot scopes. Ie a red dot scope with a tiny bit of magnification like 1.5x or 2x.  Anything more just seems silly in airsoft.

So, are they any good or is the eye-relief + red dot combo just a bad mix?

• Supporters

depends on the quality of the scope, personally i preferr the unmagnified type, but i have a bushnell 2x on my m4 which is remarkably good for eye relief and low enough you can *sort of* use both eyes for more field of view.

Visionking 1.25-6x26 great scope, under £100 variable zoom red/futureblue reticle, clear glass, great eye relief!  

If you want a great short dot that is absolutely fantastic, with great eye relief and is real steel...then have a look at the Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6.  I was sceptical about using a real steel scope for airsoft, but when I got the chance to look at one and the quality of it and the price...I was sold!  And the best thing is that if anything happens to the scope, then Vortex will fix/replace it.  Biggest thing that sells their scopes/sights is that warranty.

20180901_213804.jpg

20180901_214142.jpg

11 minutes ago, Pdubyuh said:

Visionking 1.25-6x26 great scope, under £100 variable zoom red/futureblue reticle, clear glass, great eye relief!  

Nice, this seems somewhat more affordable as I don't fancy paying over £100 for a scope.

Is this something that you use personally?

I can back this up - Visionking short dots are ace, I have one.  Think they are only available via s hop on ebay though.

13 minutes ago, william1134 said:

Nice, this seems somewhat more affordable as I don't fancy paying over £100 for a scope.

Is this something that you use personally?

I do indeed, they are great I would definitely recommend one. I mostly use 10" barreled guns so not on them but anytime i use my block2 sopmod or my 417 thats the scope I use.

Hawke do a range of scopes that are very good. Well respected in the air rifle community.

They start at about £45, and run all the way up to the FFP £800 units.

They have a range of tube red dots as well.

There is a 1x30 tube model that might fit your specification, that also has a 10 year warranty and only cost £45.

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p102901-hawke-red-dot-rd-1x30-sight-12-122/#.W__ojzGYQns

I'm not fond of the scope rings they use but the scope itself looks solid.

• Supporters

I have one of these bud , cracking scope for the price . Lovely clear optics nice crisp image with the reticule (which you can illuminate either red or green ) so I’m sold on it ! 👍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4x20-Rifle-scope-inc-mounts-Illuminated-reticle-tactical-shockproof-scope-/172669994750?nav=SEARCH

Another +1 got the vision king. Very clear optic and priced well for the quality. Had mine for about 9 months and used it on a load of GBBR’s without issue.  

The vortex is a nicer scope, and superior to the vision king. If you’re willing to pay the money, you won’t be disappointed, but the vision King is more than good enough for any airsoft gun

Love my BSA short dot 1-4X. Managed to pick it up for £30 new but theyre more lok £90 now and that's without a mount. Super clear sight picture though and great build quality. I've dropped this and it retained zero really well. I generally run it on 1X like a red dot and up the magnification when I need it

20180615_181410.jpg

9 hours ago, william1134 said:

Wow, that BSA short dog looks immense. I have had a quick look on ebay but I guess that style is discontinued. Shame as the price is great for me as I don't really fancy spending much more than £40 for a scope.

I got it from vision king. It was a limited time offer I think as theyre back up to full price now 

If you don’t mind the wait, order the vision king from AliExpress or similar. Much cheaper than buying from the U.K. if you can even find them 

Archived