Umarex/VFC/Elite Force MP7 AEG - Any info?

GemsHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So it turns out LW still have 2 Umarex MP7's left in stock for sale by phone or in store only, according to their Facebook post by earlier. Not on their website. Don't ask me why, but act quickly if you want one. No spare mags yet though.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Supporters

So you pay your £420, turn up with your one mag.... and fail chrono because it's making 360-380 fps.

Just... no.  No.

I wonder how much you actually have to spend to get a skirmishable toy gun with a usable amount of mags?

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

So you pay your £420, turn up with your one mag.... and fail chrono because it's making 360-380 fps.

Just... no.  No.

I wonder how much you actually have to spend to get a skirmishable toy gun with a usable amount of mags?

There's not much that can be said for this train wreck in my opinion.

1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

There's not much that can be said for this train wreck in my opinion.

It should have been such an easy success. Here's a gun people have been asking for for ages so guaranteed sales, it's a CQB gun so only needs to be capable of 350 FPS maximum, honestly they could have gotten away with it being 1J, proprietary magazines anyway so take the opportunity to include last round cut off. Instead we get an overpriced gun if you can actually find one in stock, shooting hot for no reason and about as many magazines available as there are guns

• Supporters

Oh, and I see this is a popular desire. :D

On 29/11/2018 at 12:01, Rogerborg said:

Once they've done that, let's have an AEG Uzi next

And that’s why you buy the Tm gbbr mp7. For £420 you can buy the gun and a handful of mags. And I’d bet my life it would shoot better. 

• Supporters
On 15/03/2019 at 12:01, Musica said:

[Landwarrior link]

Also FPS has been changed from 360 to 300 on their page on 0.20g bbs 

And it's still showing as "expected to perform around 300FPS (with 0.20g bb's)".

If I'm laying down £420 on a gun that cries out to be used in CQB, I'd want to know what that specific gun is shooting at, not what it's "expected" to shoot at.  PatrolBase chrono their guns and supply the results with them, even their cheapest CYMAs.

On 25/04/2019 at 12:21, ryaw said:

I've shot one at Landwarrior 2 weeks ago. Construction felt solid. It looked good, had a nice range of stock extension, shot accurately, with quick trigger response and had a high ROF on an 11.1v lipo. 330FPS

I wonder if there are different batches kicking around, or if LandWarrior have changed or chopped the springs in theirs?  380fps is 33% more energy than 330, it's not the sort of variation I'd expect to see by accident.

Come on, CYMA or JG, get with the cloning.  I'll have a quick change or adjustable spring while we're at it. ;)

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

And it's still showing as "expected to perform around 300FPS (with 0.20g bb's)".

If I'm laying down £420 on a gun that cries out to be used in CQB, I'd want to know what that specific gun is shooting at, not what it's "expected" to shoot at.  PatrolBase chrono their guns and supply the results with them, even their cheapest CYMAs.

I wonder if there are different batches kicking around, or if LandWarrior have changed or chopped the springs in theirs?  380fps is 33% more energy than 330, it's not the sort of variation I'd expect to see by accident.

Come on, CYMA or JG, get with the cloning.  I'll have a quick change or adjustable spring while we're at it. ;)

So my friend has just bought one and awaiting delivery from Powair6. They offer two versions the 330 fps for CQB and a 380 FPS I'm assuming they offer as an "other skirmish type" gun. Will wait for him to say how it performs but we are both expecting that changing the hop rubber/nub will be straight off the bat but other than that should be pretty formidable and a contender against the gas versions.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

They offer two versions the 330 fps for CQB and a 380 FPS

Ah, thanks. 0.5J, 1J and "full power" versions: https://www.powair6.com/en/220-smg

The lower power versions are indeed shop downgraded, for an extra 10 Euros.  Good on them for offering that service.

8 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

So my friend has just bought one and awaiting delivery from Powair6. They offer two versions the 330 fps for CQB and a 380 FPS I'm assuming they offer as an "other skirmish type" gun. Will wait for him to say how it performs but we are both expecting that changing the hop rubber/nub will be straight off the bat but other than that should be pretty formidable and a contender against the gas versions.

Apparently it's an aluminium inner barrel which on a premium gun is absurd so that's going to want changing out as well 

16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ah, thanks. 0.5J, 1J and "full power" versions: https://www.powair6.com/en/220-smg

The lower power versions are indeed shop downgraded, for an extra 10 Euros.  Good on them for offering that service.

13 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Apparently it's an aluminium inner barrel which on a premium gun is absurd so that's going to want changing out as well 

So news in from my mate,

Using google earth for rough distances out the box on .28's hes getting about 45-50m from it. I think hes planning on changing the barrel and hop rubber/nub but not in the immediate future.

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

So news in from my mate,

Using google earth for rough distances out the box on .28's hes getting about 45-50m from it. I think hes planning on changing the barrel and hop rubber/nub but not in the immediate future.

As long as it's a standard AEG inner barrel so I can still r hop it is all I care about

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 17:16, PopRocket123 said:

It should have been such an easy success. Here's a gun people have been asking for for ages so guaranteed sales, it's a CQB gun so only needs to be capable of 350 FPS maximum, honestly they could have gotten away with it being 1J, proprietary magazines anyway so take the opportunity to include last round cut off. Instead we get an overpriced gun if you can actually find one in stock, shooting hot for no reason and about as many magazines available as there are guns

Not everybody in the world uses 350 fps so some regions specifically want more 

The magazines have last round cut off 

Spare mags are now fully available in the market for local distributors to buy 

That said i'll stick to my GBB 

On 08/07/2019 at 17:26, Rogerborg said:

Oh, and I see this is a popular desire. :D

Who doesn't love an Uzi? I'd get two and go full on Chuck Norris.

• Supporters
21 hours ago, 1st commando said:

Not everybody in the world uses 350 fps so some regions specifically want more 

Indeed, which is why CYMAs tend to come in nearer 400fps as stock.

But if you buy a CYMA in the UK from PatrolBase, it will come downgraded to under 350fps, with chrono results.  TaiwanGun and GunFire will also both cheerfully downgrade AEGs to 1J or so.  And that's the cheapest guns that they sell.

UK sellers should not be selling a ~380fps CQB gun in the UK, because for one thing, it's perilously close to being over 1.3J and therefore not an airsoft gun.

I'd expect them to offer to downgrade it, and at an absolute minimum to be crystal clear up front that it'll likely need work to be usable.  To still list it as "around 300fps" is a cad's trick, especially at that eye watering price.

12 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Indeed, which is why CYMAs tend to come in nearer 400fps as stock.

But if you buy a CYMA in the UK from PatrolBase, it will come downgraded to under 350fps, with chrono results.  TaiwanGun and GunFire will also both cheerfully downgrade AEGs to 1J or so.  And that's the cheapest guns that they sell.

UK sellers should not be selling a ~380fps CQB gun in the UK, because for one thing, it's perilously close to being over 1.3J and therefore not an airsoft gun.

I'd expect them to offer to downgrade it, and at an absolute minimum to be crystal clear up front that it'll likely need work to be usable.  To still list is at "around 300fps" is a cad's trick, especially at that eye watering price.

Agreed they should chrono the batch and put the actual approximate fps online 

• 3 months later...

I would rather have the tm tried and tested and I have to say the 1-1 scale doesn't really affect the gun it's a toy at the end of the day

Archived