Umarex/VFC/Elite Force MP7 AEG - Any info?

GemsHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not a chance at that price.. for that I could buy a TM gbbr mp7 and some mags. Much better gun. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Musica said:

I think saying something is better without having facts is a bit forward.  Plus aeg to gbb is like apples and oranges,

But we know some facts. The cylinder isn’t very big, so it’s range/accuracy potential is limited. It’s still by far the best electric mp7, but you’re in TM recoil territory charging £400+ 

Based off the information that's circulated so far it appears to have quite a significant number of proprietary parts, which is fairness was probably to be expected. The unfortunate reality is that this immediately effects your sales potential, at least to those more technically inclined or those who seek upgrades at some point.

Finally the price is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Admittedly it offers something which isn't currently available on the market, an actual 1:1 scale MP7 (allegedly) in AEG format but at that price you're placing yourself in a position where you have to offer something which the competition doesn't. For some the allure of the MP7 in AEG format will be enough but fo many they'll be looking at what's out there and this is where the MP7 starts to lose ground.

As @Rogerborg said, I'll wait for a knock off or alternatively look at something else on my wishlist once I'm ready.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I'm sure if you give it a few months you'll be able to pick one up second hand with mags for 300

Thanks, but no thanks, redux.

£100 is about my limit for a toy gun, even if it's got 20p worth of MOSFET in it.  JG Mac 10s and MP5Ks can be had for < £100, and perform well enough.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters
16 hours ago, Carax said:

RogerBorg JG MAc10 is garbage...

It's been my experience that using ellipses tends to mean that you know less than you profess, not more...

VFC Mp7 aeg new review is incoming from Italy. Stay tuned.

Thanks, I won't leave my keyboard.  I'll need some beers, and a bucket.

Follow E.A.F. Airsoft (a very good italian reviewer) on facebook.

You will see a small video.

He's saying that the rifle is well builded and really fast for the ROF but also in single shot.

Today an italian seller is saying  this Friday it will start selling the mp7 at 500 euros.... Pure Madness..

I've shot one at Landwarrior 2 weeks ago. Construction felt solid. It looked good, had a nice range of stock extension, shot accurately, with quick trigger response and had a high ROF on an 11.1v lipo. 330FPS. Expensive but I'd definitely have one...... Once Umarex get around to producing more than a meagre handful of guns and release some spare mags, which are dark see-through plastic and feel a bit too light and toyish. Auto cut off when empty is a nice addition. I was very impressed by it overall. It felt better than a TM GBB to hold. 

• Supporters

[Whoosh of held breath being expelled]

Thanks, that's what I'd want to hear, given that price.  Shimming was spot on?

1 hour ago, ryaw said:

Once Umarex get around to producing more than a meagre handful of guns and release some spare mags

Are spare mags not available?  That'll be a tough(er) sell without them.

Plz stop saying nice things about it so I don't have to buy one. Thx.

I'm worried for my wallet as I've had my eye on this for a while and it's still cheaper than a TM NGRS. 

@Musica Given it sounds like spare mag's are an issue I'd argue the NGRS is the better option... which I'd argue anyway.

Admittedly I'm a little biased after being bit by the NGRS bug. 🤣

I'd wait until there's a few around already.

Spares will be hard to grab at the beginning, due to the extremely limited amount of idiots people buying it as soon as it comes out.

On a side note, anyone here waiting for a proper HPA 1:1 replica?

2 hours ago, Carax said:

Now in italy 3 shops have it.

500 euro.. Madness

Italian by any chance?

I'd get it from France/Poland, it'll be much cheaper.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Says every potential buyer, sadly.

Reason I didn't order it over the evo was at least I knew what issues the evo has this is a new kettle of fish. 

Want to see how they play out for a bit before committing so much

Land Warrior asked for a few dozen...... and got sent only 6! Scott said he was sat in a meeting with Umarex/VFC some time ago and told them that this would be there biggest seller for years and apparently they looked quite surprised by that and made no plans to increase production. They've produced hardly any and there are no spare mags either. Apparently LW got sent an additional 6 because the French retailer was on its last warning from Umarex for selling it's stock to other shops unauthorised outside of France or something like that, so to punish them the French allocation got diverted to LW instead. Scott reckons he could have sold 100+ within days, but instead has no idea when he'll receive any more, let alone spare mags or in any sufficient numbers. Madness really. Oh and from an owner, it apparently has the range of any other full power AEG for use outdoors, so all good. I don't think potential buyers need to worry about spunking their cash any time soon, as they're simply not available to buy by the looks of it.

• Supporters

That's puzzling, given the cost of designing and developing a toy gun with a custom gearbox, versus churning out the units for a few Yuan each.

There's an argument to be made about keeping prices high through artificial scarcity, but not when demand is far outstripping supply.  As to not producing spare magazines, wow, that's just bizarre.  They do realise that people actually want to use these things rather than just hang them on the wall, right?

While they're figuring that out, CYMA or similar will be busily cloning it and getting ready to punt out knock offs for 1/3 of the price.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:16, Rogerborg said:

That's puzzling, given the cost of designing and developing a toy gun with a custom gearbox, versus churning out the units for a few Yuan each.

There's an argument to be made about keeping prices high through artificial scarcity, but not when demand is far outstripping supply.  As to not producing spare magazines, wow, that's just bizarre.  They do realise that people actually want to use these things rather than just hang them on the wall, right?

While they're figuring that out, CYMA or similar will be busily cloning it and getting ready to punt out knock offs for 1/3 of the price.

I'm afraid that's just typical of Umarex . They do not forecast to the factory well on anything and because the factory (VFC) is very busy doing OEM for lots of brands as well as their own catalogue items it will take some time to make more 

Rough translation: "Piss poor planning, piss poor performance".

To be honest I looked at some VFC stuff not long ago and they don't seem particularly great at ensuring supply levels. But I'm slightly off topic now.

Regarding the MP7 and lack of magazines... Let alone lack of supply in general... It's incredibly short sighted and will only send potential customers to look for/at other options.

Although it'll take a bit of time, Roger is spot on the money. One of the clone companies will pick this up and they'll actually get the stock out the door.

Archived