Police called to 'firearm' incident near Reading supermarket

RMDavis
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't know why these people insist of having their guns out in public. It's not hard to transport a gun via a rifle bag. Jeez, I used to transport my CYMA 501 in a duffle bag with the barrel hanging out, so I'd wrap a t-shirt around it and put a bright yellow Sainsburys bag on it, zip it up, couldn't tell the difference. But as you put it, morons will be morons.

Lol some people have no sense...

I only carry my rifle in "public" when going from my front door to car boot (maybe 2 meters) and even then I wrap it with a hoodie/carrier bag to prevent freaking anyone out.

Only other location is at an airsoft site in which it doesn't matter.

Maybe I should still invest in an rifle bag though just incase...

On 28/11/2018 at 11:23, HarryBaker said:

Lol some people have no sense...

I only carry my rifle in "public" when going from my front door to car boot (maybe 2 meters) and even then I wrap it with a hoodie/carrier bag to prevent freaking anyone out.

Only other location is at an airsoft site in which it doesn't matter.

Maybe I should still invest in an rifle bag though just incase...

Yes you should..

Imagine if doris across the road twitches her curtains and sees you loading up just as you drop it?. Next thing you know your on the floor surrounded by cops accused of being a terrorist.

Even from the house to the car RIFs should be covered, either in their factory box or a rifle bag.

Saying that I was on my way to an airsoft shop on a busy high road and my rifle bag zip decided to malfunction and my CM16 spilled out onto the pavement outside the shop, it was in a few pieces but still managed to freak out a woman who saw it.. 

5 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Yes you should..

Imagine if doris across the road twitches her curtains and sees you loading up just as you drop it?. Next thing you know your on the floor surrounded by cops accused of being a terrorist.

Even from the house to the car RIFs should be covered, either in their factory box or a rifle bag.

Saying that I was on my way to an airsoft shop on a busy high road and my rifle bag zip decided to malfunction and my CM16 spilled out onto the pavement outside the shop, it was in a few pieces but still managed to freak out a woman who saw it.. 

hahah will get one asap!

Couple of years ago I went to a caravan park to meet a guy after arranging to buy his L85A2.

Was in a plain brown box and went to a wooded area out of the way to test fire couple of shots to make sure it worked OK.  We saw a woman walking her dog go by some distance away but we were done so went back to my car.

All fine and deal was done.

As I drove out of the park I passed a police car driving in...

• 2 months later...
On 29/11/2018 at 12:31, EDcase said:

Couple of years ago I went to a caravan park to meet a guy after arranging to buy his L85A2.

Was in a plain brown box and went to a wooded area out of the way to test fire couple of shots to make sure it worked OK.  We saw a woman walking her dog go by some distance away but we were done so went back to my car.

All fine and deal was done.

As I drove out of the park I passed a police car driving in...

I'd like to think I would have called the police if I'd have seen that (unless I heard you shooting). Hopefully being used to seeing toy guns on a daily basis wouldn't make anyone assume it's just an airgun or airsoft gun. 

Yeah, I don't blame her at all.  It was just unfortunate that she happened to walk past in the couple of minutes that we were there.

In the end we were very lucky we didn't stay any longer...

Archived