Newbie from Leeds

Jack01
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening guys, how is everyone?

I have been to a couple of airsoft sites in the past couple of weeks and really enjoyed it, so looking to buy my own gun eventually and have taken a liking to the P90. 

I have been having a look online at them and there seem to be variants that are different prices, but I can't seem to tell the difference between these guns, like it one 'better' quality than the other? Check the links below.

Any recs would be welcome :)

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-060-p90-sub-machine-gun-aeg?pv=3097

https://fubarbundy.co.uk/shop/classic-army-ca90tr-p90-sportline-aeg-black/

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hi Jack,

I''m also a newbie when it comes to Airsoft. I live in Headingley which is just North of Leeds and I have been to Killhouse, it's an awesome little CQB site. I would recommend a pistol or SMG in there, very tight corners. I recently purchased a Tokyo Marui P90 from the classified section on UKAF so take a look at that also! Personally because Killhouse is my closest site and getting to other sites can be a bit of a hassle, Im probably going to stick to a CQB collection.

By the looks of things, the CYMA P90 is out of stock. However you do need a UKARA defence to buy either of them without a two tone colour scheme, so keep that in mind. 

If I was you, I'd probably go for this MP5 SD at Patrol Base;

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/jing-gong-mp5-sd-full-stock?pv=4750

Even in two tone, it looks awesome. Get yourself a Airsoft gas mask online and black overalls, start running around like the SAS during operation Nimrod 🤣.

Most importantly though, get yourself good face protection. I use these;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000VDLP4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077XFS52F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The goggles do fog up which is annoying, so I will be replacing them when I can, but they do protect my eyes.

What gun to buy is totally up to you though bud, I'm probably going to buy a GBB MP7/ SMG8 next week because they actually look amazing, but higher maintenance than your standard AEG.

If you want to rock up at Killhouse as a duo then let me know.

Other than that mate, welcome!

EDIT:

Also as far as I'm aware, Killhouse is strictly semi-automatic only, so if you plan on going there a lot, I wouldn't buy a gun primarily based on its RPM.

4 hours ago, Cleggy said:

Hi Jack,

I''m also a newbie when it comes to Airsoft. I live in Headingley which is just North of Leeds and I have been to Killhouse, it's an awesome little CQB site. I would recommend a pistol or SMG in there, very tight corners. I recently purchased a Tokyo Marui P90 from the classified section on UKAF so take a look at that also! Personally because Killhouse is my closest site and getting to other sites can be a bit of a hassle, Im probably going to stick to a CQB collection.

By the looks of things, the CYMA P90 is out of stock. However you do need a UKARA defence to buy either of them without a two tone colour scheme, so keep that in mind. 

If I was you, I'd probably go for this MP5 SD at Patrol Base;

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/jing-gong-mp5-sd-full-stock?pv=4750

Even in two tone, it looks awesome. Get yourself a Airsoft gas mask online and black overalls, start running around like the SAS during operation Nimrod 🤣.

Most importantly though, get yourself good face protection. I use these;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000VDLP4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077XFS52F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The goggles do fog up which is annoying, so I will be replacing them when I can, but they do protect my eyes.

What gun to buy is totally up to you though bud, I'm probably going to buy a GBB MP7/ SMG8 next week because they actually look amazing, but higher maintenance than your standard AEG.

If you want to rock up at Killhouse as a duo then let me know.

Other than that mate, welcome!

EDIT:

Also as far as I'm aware, Killhouse is strictly semi-automatic only, so if you plan on going there a lot, I wouldn't buy a gun primarily based on its RPM.

Hey Cleggy,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not a Leeds native but when to uni here (2012-2015). I lived near Hyde Park picture House until July this year, and now I lived near the Royal Armouries.

In regards to goggles, I wear glasses so need something that will go over them. I'm thinking maybe these? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F84NZ94/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07F84NZ94&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=8e5be0e3-b258-4b06-8b6e-695b24f935a4&pd_rd_wg=hVNA7&pf_rd_r=7R39CC5WQT8S3E97565M&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=qEhoY&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=801fe1ab-f301-11e8-8346-23f49e03b924

I have been to Urban Airsoft Supplies in Normanton too, and they do some pretty good stuff. Have you ever been to Halo Mill?

I'm currently at uni hence why I live in Headingley. 

Those goggles may do, but whether they withstand a hit from a BB is another story (They more than likely will with ease). They look ideal though. You will need a lower face mask too or else you risk cracking teeth.

As for Halo Mill, I haven't been yet, but I plan on.

11 minutes ago, Cleggy said:

I'm currently at uni hence why I live in Headingley. 

Those goggles may do, but whether they withstand a hit from a BB is another story. They look ideal though. You will need a lower face mask too or else you risk cracking teeth.

As for Halo Mill, I haven't been yet, but I plan on.

Ah nice. 

Have you ever been to Fubar Bundy? I know it;'s local to leeds. as a newbie all the different variations to the P90 is confusing. I don't wanna mess around with Gas or CO2, would rather just get AEG

I need to buy some tactical gear as i've always gone full hire.

I haven't been Fubar Bundy but I've checked their site. I will be checking again next week for an MP7/SMG8 GBB on payday :D. AEGs are ideal anyway, I just want a bit of kick on one of my guns.

Gear can just be bought online like eBay for military surplus, rigs etc on pretty much any airsoft site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate 

I'm in Leeds (close to Kirkstall Abbey). 

Lived in Leeds 19 years and have done the Headingley life (its almost a right of passage).

For surplus kit check out Johnson's of Leeds. You can pick up almost anything there and they are always pretty cheap & they are just down the road from you. 

There is an airsoft shop there too. If you want to know the lay of the land just drop me a pm mate I'd be happy to help, I've also got a fair bit of kit spare so may be able to help matey. 

On 28/11/2018 at 12:18, Jack01 said:

Ah nice. 

Have you ever been to Fubar Bundy? I know it;'s local to leeds. as a newbie all the different variations to the P90 is confusing. I don't wanna mess around with Gas or CO2, would rather just get AEG

I need to buy some tactical gear as i've always gone full hire.

Hi there, I'd recommend a visit to Fubar Bundy, they're up near the White Rose. They've got quite a bit of stuff and are very generous with their advice. Always good to have a proper look and a hold of what you're planning to buy. Always check where the batteries go in aeg's; some look lovely, but some people aren't so keen on front wired gear, but ask as many questions as you can.

Not been to Killhouse, but it's on my list. Welcome to the fun :)

On 11/12/2018 at 14:39, tasum said:

Hi there, I'd recommend a visit to Fubar Bundy, they're up near the White Rose. They've got quite a bit of stuff and are very generous with their advice. Always good to have a proper look and a hold of what you're planning to buy. Always check where the batteries go in aeg's; some look lovely, but some people aren't so keen on front wired gear, but ask as many questions as you can.

Not been to Killhouse, but it's on my list. Welcome to the fun :)

What is Halo Mill like? Do you live in Leeds?

On 11/12/2018 at 12:09, Fumps said:

Hi mate 

I'm in Leeds (close to Kirkstall Abbey). 

Lived in Leeds 19 years and have done the Headingley life (its almost a right of passage).

For surplus kit check out Johnson's of Leeds. You can pick up almost anything there and they are always pretty cheap & they are just down the road from you. 

There is an airsoft shop there too. If you want to know the lay of the land just drop me a pm mate I'd be happy to help, I've also got a fair bit of kit spare so may be able to help matey. 

My friends have gone for the olive drab look, and not DPM OR MTP, unfortunately 

58 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

I'm in Leeds and kill house is my local site too. It's definitely semi auto only.

I'm usually there on a Friday or Saturday and you can usually spot me as the guy wearing full acu digital camo. I found fubar but Dy not that great tbh but I suppose it's close by

What is this supposed to say? can't make it out

Archived