Ordering online

Essex man
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, new on here so be gentle!

Just a quick question that hopefully someone can help answer.

I have a valid UKARA license that have held for best part of a year now & wish to purchase a new rifle.

With Christmas coming a family member has kindly agreed to order me a new gun ( lucky me )

So I went to patrolbase.co.uk & went to place the order. Using my own name & obviously the UKARA number but obviously using my relatives credit card, putting in their details in the different billing section as per usual.

The issue comes then in that the order fails. It's not a issue with the card as that's been checked & definitely the correct UKARA.

Is this a issue with security or does anyone know if it has to be my card etc as not has this issue using my own card for friends etc on other sites etc.

Many thanks

Doubt any of us can tell you why they rejected your specific order. Why don't you contact Patrol Base themselves?

If you're using your relative's card then it is probably linked to a different email and that's probably what set it off: the billing/delivery email is different from your ukara email that you used to sign up with.

Also did you dispatch it off to the same address as your ukara

Hi thanks for the reply. Well the site only asks for one email address so used my own & used the shipping address as my own & also the address on my ukara, the billing obviously is a different address which it gives the option for. 

I don't know if calling patrolbase tomorrow would get around it at all. It's strange because I've let friends use my card to order various stuff online but to their address etc.

Yeah I will try contacting them. Always tricky during the week as their hours match my own at work typically!

34 minutes ago, Essex man said:

Hi thanks for the reply. Well the site only asks for one email address so used my own & used the shipping address as my own & also the address on my ukara, the billing obviously is a different address which it gives the option for. 

I don't know if calling patrolbase tomorrow would get around it at all. It's strange because I've let friends use my card to order various stuff online but to their address etc.

Yeah I will try contacting them. Always tricky during the week as their hours match my own at work typically!

What are you trying to 'get around'. Would it not make more sense to have your relative put the money in your bank? Unless you're trying to swindle your nanna out of her pension. 

Pretty sure you're not living in North Korea, call them on your break. Obviously

• Supporters

PS it’s not a ‘license’ it’s just registration on a data base !🤦‍♂️

The problem will most likely be the card.. The person buying the RIF needs the defence and the names aren't matching so they have probably stopped it, If they didn't do this then anyone could use any body else's ukara numbers.. easiest option is to transfer funds to your account and buy yourself. Of course this won't work for a credit card.. although there are ways around this for credit cards aswell. 

• Supporters

I will be astonished if UKARA is the issue, given that it's been knocked back automatically during the order process.  My understanding is that the UKARA system is a creaky manual-access portal on top of an Excel database.

Sight unseen, I'd expect it to be a payment issue with the delivery address not matching the credit card address.  Either way, the only people who can answer that are PatrolBase.

Best of luck.

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

Generally, if it's a credit card it must be delivered to the card holder's address- as it's borrowed money.

With a debit card, you can send it anywhere afaik.

Especially if it's your first order with that particular company. 

Archived