SVU upgrades (Cylinder/barrel length)

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So over black Friday i caved and bought the ASP SVU sniper with the intention of running it as a DMR. 

I got it from taiwan gun, so its stock fps is supposedly around 430fps.  So im looking at destroying the selecter arm to lock it in semi, upgrading the inner barrel, hop up and air seals (i have found on other forums that apparently the cylinder head and air nozzle has a bad seal/no o-rings.)

Various googling has come up with it being compatable with the sr25, 19 tooth cylinder, but what head would fit on this?  The SHS mp5 air nozzle ‘orange’ will apparently fit with some filing to replace the nozzle.

Looking at inner barrels i have been looking at the maple leaf crazy jet barrels with matching nub/buckings.  But what length barrel would be best?  I know theres meant to be a sweet spot between cylinder size, bb weight and barrel length.   I have not found any information anywhere as to how big the cylinder is in the SVU.  The stock inner barrel is650mm long with a 6.03mm diameter and i’ll be looking at firing 0.3g to 0.36g bb’s (dont want to go too heavy as im holding off putting a stronger spring in there in fear of damaging the modified v3 gearbox).  The barrel length seems very long for an aeg, so i was wondering if it would make sense to get a shorter inner barrel? 

The longest ML crazy jet barrel i have found is 640mm which is close enough, but still on the long side.  Of course, one downside of shortening the inner barrel is the void left towards the end, and with the mock suppressor, that would no doubt cause some interesting airflow inside.

Archived