Does UKARA membership expire?

Flatteraxe372
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It lasts for one year. During that year you need to have played once at the site you had registered at to be able to renew it for the year after. 

So yes your UKARA has expired and you will have to start over again. 

It’s not a UKARA membership. It’s the site membership that will have lapsed and so on the UKARA database you will be showing as inactive. You’ll need to renew your membership at a site. Doesn’t need to be the one you where at before, but if that one is still up and running and you know people, they may be able to reactivate your old membership number. Either way, you’ll need to play the three games in no less than three months again to be showing as active on the UKARA database.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

you need to have played once at the site you had registered at to be able to renew it for the year after

It varies by site.  Even the 2007 Home Office blurb only deals with initial registration, not what happens afterwards.

FACT-FACE: No offence is committed by purchasing or attempting to purchase a RIF.  What the seller accepts as a defence is entirely up to them.

FURTHER-FACT-FACE: I can't find a word about duration or renewal on the comically sparse UKARA site, which is fit for novelty purposes only.

So there's no harm (to you) in attempting to make a purchase using your UKARA number.  I don't say "old" or "expired", because how on earth could you know that?  The worst that can happen is that they say no, and don't get your money.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

So there's no harm (to you) in attempting to make a purchase using your UKARA number.  I don't say "old" or "expired", because how on earth could you know that?  The worst that can happen is that they say no, and don't get your money.

This happened to me beginning of the yr , my site was changing insurers and according to the UKARA date base it had no third party cover so fire support refused to sell to me AND sent near £400 to another retailer , there loss not mine ! 👍

• Supporters

I'm interested to see how they handle UKARA for people that have memberships at the Mall that haven't technically expired but the site no longer exists...

9 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I'm interested to see how they handle UKARA for people that have memberships at the Mall that haven't technically expired but the site no longer exists...

Isn't that membership issued through the company which has multiple sites rather than the individual site?

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Isn't that membership issued through the company which has multiple sites rather than the individual site?

Good point, well made!

Guess mine has expired as well..not played @ my "local" for months. (They're only open 1 day of the month and seems to be always when i am on shift)  Been over a year since I was registered on UKARA and I guess my local airsoft site membership has expired.

If I was to be stopped by the old bill...not having a UKARA & Site membership anymore...guess I could be in trouble maybe with not being a member of any airsoft site.

UKARA is bollocks anyway...I wasn't even asked for mine when I purchased my last RIF. (I did provide one when I first started though..but was never asked for one ever again and i'm on my 4th rif)

As long as you have a valid defence you should be ok, ukara is one defence, but as it is run by retailers it's mainly for them to validate buyers.

If you have askirmish booking appointment at a shop for a repair would also serve as a defence.  

I tend to book skirmishes in advance for that reason.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Monkman said:

If I was to be stopped by the old bill...not having a UKARA & Site membership anymore...guess I could be in trouble maybe with not being a member of any airsoft site.

If you're stopped in public with a RIF or an IF, that's Firearms Act 1968 S19, to which you need a reasonable excuse, the proof whereof lies with [you].  That's an excuse for possession at that time and place.  UKARA or site membership is neither necessary, nor sufficient.

I highlight IFs, as people have been prosecuted and convicted for possession of bright orange airsoft springer pistols.

p_698__68862.1297071989.500.750.jpg?c=2

Archived