Forum sponsorship deal?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has AFUK got a deal with SWAS?
Great news if it's true - but seeing that banner on every page is somewhat grating - because it looks horrendous!
It's mainly because the two SWAS logos are out of line.
Instead, would it be possible to have one of them, in the middle - and alternate them on different pages.
So on one page, have the SWAS banner for the sales site and on another have the banner for the airsoft sites.
But as it is, it does not look good at all.
And if there isn't some kind of deal, maybe have it up on the splash page, but not all over the site?
For the moment, I've reactivated my ad blocker for AFUK 😞 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I don't think I've ever been compared to Hitler before.

It's not a fair comparison.  Even Hitler wouldn't adblock on an airsoft site.

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's not a fair comparison.  Even Hitler wouldn't adblock on an airsoft site.

he'snotwrongy'know.jpg

afaik there are no recorded instances of napoleon, hitler or stalin using adblock so he's literally worse than all 3 of them.

Personally (from a usability pov) I don't find it that intrusive, now if it had been a interstitial or pop up, that would detract from the ease of use (especially on mobile).

I can see why the alignment is off on the main logos, it's 2 separate banners.

I don't use adblock myself, however on a site like this I don't think Charles/SWAS is paying for impressions but for a time period, so it would have no impact.

• Root Admin

We got banned from AdWords just over a month ago I'm afraid. Going to be making an announcement today about what it means.

We did used to have an AdWords banner in the header up until February by the way.

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

it looks horrendous!

You should tell them to hire someone to do it properly maybe? :)

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Literally 👏 worse 👏 than 👏 Hitler.

He's actually killed us. Shut it down boys.

13 minutes ago, proffrink said:

We got banned from AdWords just over a month ago I'm afraid. Going to be making an announcement today about what it means.

We did used to have an AdWords banner in the header up until February by the way.

You should tell them to hire someone to do it properly maybe? :)

He's actually killed us. Shut it down boys.

I dunno, you try and be helpful and all you get is abuse!
I'm off to sob into my nazi flag.  😭

2 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Thanks for posting, but we're/I'm not responsible for the imagery they provide I'm afraid. Other than checking it for smelling mistakes and profanity, racism etc..

No worries.

In that case...
Hey @CES_williamson - Love your sales site, love your airsoft site - but that banner most definitely needs work.
You'd be better off having two separate banners - one for the sales site and one for the airsoft venues. 
Just my twopence...

11 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

No worries.

In that case...
Hey @CES_williamson - Love your sales site, love your airsoft site - but that banner most definitely needs work.
You'd be better off having two separate banners - one for the sales site and one for the airsoft venues. 
Just my twopence...

I agree mate, was made late last night when the marketing email came through, being worked on today, just wanted to get something up for the time being :)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Immortal said:

Does anyone ever actually click on banners? I mean it's like deliberately stepping in dogshit with socks...

I click on SWAS every day to see if they've got Secutor Velites G-IIs back in stock.

They never do.  Worse than worse than Hitler. 😢

Archived