Pyramex I-Force Goggles - Which Lens?

SnowRoll
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

After my FMA fan-assisted-goggles died on me 2 hours into their first game, I'm thinking about trying the Pyramex I-Force.

Only question now, as in the title.

Anyone tried the amber and can recommend them over the clear lens?

FWIW, I play 70ish% outdoors and 30ish% CQB.

TIA

To me yellow/tinted wins over clear.

Enhances vision (don't ask me how cuz I have no idea, I'm too dumb for that. I suppose it has something to do with contrast) and actually shades the eyes from sunlight a tad better than clear lenses, it's not dark lenses levels of protection but it's better than nothing.

• Supporters

I'm a big fan of yellow tint for motorcycle use, but I've not tried them for airsoft.  I have clear dual-pane I-Forces (well, one of the many rebrandings of them).

A couple of things I'd note though is that I wouldn't wear any tint in a dark indoor environment (I'm not sure what you mean by CQB); and that I can fog up the I-Forces.

The only things that works for me are fan goggles, or DIY dual-pane goggles.  I-Forces are pretty good, but I'd give yourself a backup option just in case.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I can fog up the I-Forces.

Considering the amount I've meshed you are not the only one. Also to note they do 2 sizes  if you have a slim or broad face too which is worth taking into account. 

22 hours ago, SnowRoll said:

Hi all

After my FMA fan-assisted-goggles died on me 2 hours into their first game, I'm thinking about trying the Pyramex I-Force.

Only question now, as in the title.

Anyone tried the amber and can recommend them over the clear lens?

FWIW, I play 70ish% outdoors and 30ish% CQB.

TIA

Amber is good for contrast, and helps in misty conditions.

Clear is the all rounder

Archived