G&G TR16 MBR 556WH Opinions?

detect

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking into getting this as i've just got my UKARA number however not many places have it in stock at the moment and i've not seen loads on YouTube about it, has anyone had any first hand experience with it? would it be an ideal base for a DMR? and is there any competitors I should take into consideration before buying this?

Thanks guys! 

I have the SR version and I am loving it. Was playing the other week and was out shooting most other players. Shooting players through window of shelter watching there bb's fall short as I was picking them off. With only adjustments to my hopup on 0.28's. 

The only real problem with them is the availability of mags. It comes with a 40rnd mag I was able to get a high cap 370 but really want the mid cap 90/110 ones but can't find them anywhere. 

Though shooting 5rnd auto you will go through that hi cap quicker than you think. 

But I love it its fun to shoot and end of day that's the most important part. 

On 21/11/2018 at 14:54, Keldon said:

I have the SR version and I am loving it. Was playing the other week and was out shooting most other players. Shooting players through window of shelter watching there bb's fall short as I was picking them off. With only adjustments to my hopup on 0.28's. 

The only real problem with them is the availability of mags. It comes with a 40rnd mag I was able to get a high cap 370 but really want the mid cap 90/110 ones but can't find them anywhere. 

Though shooting 5rnd auto you will go through that hi cap quicker than you think. 

But I love it its fun to shoot and end of day that's the most important part. 

Ah awesome, I'm just waiting for the 556 Version to come back in stock, bought a nice scope for it, foregrip and a bunch of other stuff, just need to gun now! What battery were you running with it if you don't mind me asking? I've bought a 20C 11.1v Lipo to go with it when it's actually available anywhere :) 

I think it's a 15c 11.1v 1300mwh stick. It's a bit of a tight fit but I changed the connectors to XT60's which are better and smaller. What sight did you get by the way, still yet to get one myself looking at the vortex crossfire II. 

• 10 months later...
On 25/11/2018 at 14:14, detect said:

Ah awesome, I'm just waiting for the 556 Version to come back in stock, bought a nice scope for it, foregrip and a bunch of other stuff, just need to gun now! What battery were you running with it if you don't mind me asking? I've bought a 20C 11.1v Lipo to go with it when it's actually available anywhere :) 

Hi pal, I should be getting my 556WH soon.
How did you get on with the 20C 11.1 lipo ?... Would you recommend it or any other?

• 1 year later...

I have the 308 variety of the tr16 and so far it's been great. Went 308 as the site I play want dmr in calibre greater than 5.56, meaning long m4 doesn't count. I have the parts to dmr it I just haven't done it yet as it was so good running it as a battle rifle.

Size of mag well aside, they are more or less the same internally.

Weak point would be the mosfet, but perun make an upgrade unit which is cheap and plugs straight in.

The only other change I'd note is that the piston head isn't ported but not everyone wants ported. 

It hopped point 3s out of the box and ran about 338fps (on .2s). 

Would I buy it again. Yes.

• 2 years later...

Sorry this thread is old I have a MBR556 dmr and it's awesome

Easy around 100m range with .36s 

People always think am cheating as they think there hitting me as I can hit them thinking it's a normal MBR but when I say whats been done an give them a shot there like woaw, it's got, gate titan,changed the bucking (can't remember which one, CNC gears and been short stroked, guarder spring, piston was machined slightly bigger(inside diameter) and better seals, with modifications to cylinder head and piston head(machine work was done by a friend of mine who knows his way round CNC machining and is an awesome Airsoft tech) locked to single shot through the MOSFET can switch to full auto although illegal. Shoots 430fps so right on the limit at most sites my way for dmrs. Also have a Tokyo mauri mk46 mod0 now that is a weapon use tht mostly now but when I tire carrying tht beast I switch back to the dmr as you can still be involved in the action better than a bolt gun I think. Albeit abit further back. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.