First airsoft purchase advice

lt.larkins
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I need a bit of advice.

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this airsofting malarkie.....

I want to buy myself a pretty decent airsoft gun I can go skirmishing with and properly get into the sport.

So for i'm being drawn to this; http://www.geniestuff.co.uk/src-g36c-elect...-aeg-bundle.htm

It seems pretty good and i've been told that a G36 is a good starting gun.

So do you reckon thats a good starting gun? Or could I get something better for the same money?

Cheers,

Tom

ok about 3 years ago i got a double eagle g36c for my first gun it was amazing and u want 2 get a proper aeg for ur starting gun if i was u get a cheap gun and see if u really want to persue airsoft as a sport thats what i did and now i love airsoft !! ;)

I have a jg g36c and it's spot on nice bit of kit for the money comes with battery, charger, and a 470round high-cap mag. All for £135 from novatcombat.com

Bargain

Decent SA80's=£300-ish :)

im struggling to choose beetween the Ares and the ICS "sayties" as hubert likes to call em... but apperently both are very nice...

The Gen III SRC guns are quite impressive, a hell of a lot better than the Gen II. (not owned either but being a gun tech iv seen my fair share of the crap out there)

You might be under 18 (i dont know) which will restrict you in terms of UKARA and non two-tones.

If you are patient enough, SAVE your money, rent a gun from your local site, get UKARA and buy G&P, Ares or TM.

I recommend G&P.

I know all newbies are excited about getting a "1st gun" but you need to look into the reliability of the gun. READ, READ & READ AGAIN user reviews. Use google or other search engines.

Archived