TAG Grenades; Shells or Launcher?

XanderShadow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

There is the resetting tool on fire support works like a charm for me.

Re-setting tool

Ill have to see if I can find one of those over here

• Supporters
5 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Does FS not ship there 

Im sure it does but itll probably increase the price 5x

• Supporters
10 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Might be able to sort something out in the new year if you can wait?

Next time I'd use them wont be until March, so I can wait.

• 2 months later...

I can thoroughly recommend the tag-015 launcher it is completely idiot proof, 1 co2 capsule in the quick change chamber, fold it down and it is pierced and sealed. Good for 8-10 shots, just load the projectile in the front nothing else and fire, reload and repeat. Yes it is more money to get the launcher over the shells but i feel it is worth it for a few reasons:

1. it is a tag product designed for tag projectiles from the ground up so there are no worries about compatibility etc.

2. it will only require 1 maintenance kit compared to x amount of maintenance kits required for x amount of shells, disassembly is very easy as well.

3. aiming with a launcher attached to your rifle is much more accurate and I found much more consistent as you have something in your shoulder to and a rifle to aim at your target with. The extra weight of the rifle also helps with the recoil,  there isn't a huge amount of recoil with the pistol style launchers anyway.

4. Rate of Fire, once you fire the shell you have to prime it reload it with gas etc, the tag launcher (AK version) just requires you to put the next projectile and fire until you run out of co2 then it is literally 3 seconds to change the co2 capsule.

cons:

1. Price, it costs more than having a few shells.

2. Weight, it adds a fair bit of weight to the front of your gun, my AK with the launcher weighs 4.7kg which is quite a bit when carrying it around all day.

this is just my thoughts on the system and i don't regret spending the extra to get the tag launcher at all.

Archived