I wish I'd known this when I started.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, MisterD90 said:

Recoil Shock system is so over rated its unreal.. stick with the LCTs mate :D

But you won’t get a more accurate , reliable or usable AEG (bar the horrendous but easily fixable battery system) than a TM recoil ? Just saying .

If you were to only ever buy one AEG, it’s hard to argue with the out of the box performance of a TM recoil. Externally, the LCT stuff is a little nicer/more robust, but performance does not compare to anything TM make. They have their issues and quirks like anything else, but they’re still king of the sewing machines. 

7 hours ago, MisterD90 said:

Recoil Shock system is so over rated its unreal.. stick with the LCTs mate :D

Not overrated, just functional and brings a whole new dimension to the game.

9 hours ago, Wo1f said:

If you were to only ever buy one AEG, it’s hard to argue with the out of the box performance of a TM recoil. Externally, the LCT stuff is a little nicer/more robust, but performance does not compare to anything TM make. They have their issues and quirks like anything else, but they’re still king of the sewing machines. 

I must have a magic hybrid then, my LCT outraged 2 TM recoils on Sunday, much to the surprise/annoyance of their owners 😂

28 minutes ago, E21A said:

I must have a magic hybrid then, my LCT outraged 2 TM recoils on Sunday, much to the surprise/annoyance of their owners 😂

Inb4 double the fps :P

TM has some magic but sometimes it's not enough :P

• Supporters

I wish i knew and bought an M4 platform first as its now my preferred one, yeah an M14 EBR still does look cool but my ARM!

I wish i never dabbled with AEGs, bloody unreliable things, HPA all the way, all day! I know ill get a lot of flame for that (equips flame shield)

I wish my first pistol was a TM instead of poor QC WE, dat hop though :o

Not everything cheap Chinese is bad, but when it is, its very bad.

I’m sitting here watching LotR and I want to say... One RIF to rule them all?

What would be the ultimate platform?

Nvm, I’m gonna start a new thread on it. 

15 hours ago, E21A said:

My G&G UMP gives the guys at our local TM Shocks a run for their money

1 hour ago, MisterD90 said:

My G&G UMP gives the guys at our local TM Shocks a run for their money

How did you get yours to feed? Mine is shite 

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

How did you get yours to feed? Mine is shite 

Really? ive had a few over the years and are easily my favourite gun, feeds flawless, and with 0.28 beautiful range and accuracy. 

On 19/11/2018 at 23:34, Wo1f said:

At least as far as the TM AK74 line goes thats not accurate. I shot my LCT AKM (stock) against a friends stock AK74 a couple of weekends ago, both were roughly the same accuracy and range (LCT maybe shaded range).   Apart from a tiny bit of recoil and a bolt moving give me the LCT any day.  

I think part of it is that maybe 5-10 years ago TM were genuinely the best thing since sliced bread and the reputation has stuck.  Now, (at least from my own experience) they are easily equalled by cheaper rifles.  For instance, I would happily buy another CM4-10 ERG over a TM M4 recoil shock and still have £150 left to play with.

3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

At least as far as the TM AK74 line goes thats not accurate. I shot my LCT AKM (stock) against a friends stock AK74 a couple of weekends ago, both were roughly the same accuracy and range (LCT maybe shaded range).   Apart from a tiny bit of recoil and a bolt moving give me the LCT any day.  

I think part of it is that maybe 5-10 years ago TM were genuinely the best thing since sliced bread and the reputation has stuck.  Now, (at least from my own experience) they are easily equalled by cheaper rifles.  For instance, I would happily buy another CM4-10 ERG over a TM M4 recoil shock and still have £150 left to play with.

I agree with you when it comes to the AK variants. For whatever reason, the TM AK’s just don’t look right to me. I run a GHK AK, so I know how nice LCT externals are. LCT have just come out with EBB haven’t they?

ive never used a kwa erg. Their gas guns have put me off the brand for life. I was under the impression that they had more kick but less performance. Any truth to that? 

I am having a love affair with an E&L AKM super accurate out to 70metres and 33bbs a second if need it. Lots of upgrades.

The one drawback is the weight.

32 minutes ago, gasman said:

I am having a love affair with an E&L AKM super accurate out to 70metres and 33bbs a second if need it. Lots of upgrades.

The one drawback is the weight.

Youre not allowed to say that! the TM fan boys who dont know any better and love to pay waaay to much will be out in force :D

18 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

This is true but a lot of guns/brands still haven't cottoned onto little things like bolt lock (unless GBBR) considering how simple it really is when you break it down I'm surprised majority of RIFs don't have this feature now. I'm not saying that alone is worth the extra £150 but personally I'd rather trust a brand that has the reputation behind it (although as far as AK's go I have to agree that LCT/E&L are waaaaaaaaaay BETTER)

8 hours ago, gasman said:

and 33bbs a second if need it.

Who needs 33bbs a second 🤣🤣

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Who needs 33bbs a second 

You've not played the sites i have, i've dropped a midcap at ~60rps (not confirmed- chrono dont measure that fast) at folk and had them not call it.

• Supporters
Just now, clumpyedge said:

I'd not be playing those sites again then and have a nice ROF ;)

that's pretty much what i did, although sadly the choice isnt the greatest round here.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, MisterD90 said:

Youre not allowed to say that! the TM fan boys who dont know any better and love to pay waaay to much will be out in force :D

Coming across as a bit of the green eyed monster there bud ?😉

do agree though there are better looking AK’s on the Market BUT the important bit for me is out of the box i still believe you won’t beat a TM recoil for performance . I’ve got a 74su that’s got to be clocking between 8-9yr old (if not older!)  still running absolutely fine and I’ve not done a single thing to it since I bought it bar stick it on a deans , how many other brands could claime that ? 

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Coming across as a bit of the green eyed monster there bud ?😉

do agree though there are better looking AK’s on the Market BUT the important bit for me is out of the box i still believe you won’t beat a TM recoil for performance . I’ve got a 74su that’s got to be clocking between 8-9yr old (if not older!)  still running absolutely fine and I’ve not done a single thing to it since I bought it bar stick it on a deans , how many other brands could claime that ? 

If LCT/E&L had TM internals (hop) and bolt lock/recoil, id be all over them. I loved my old LCT 74U but im holding out for TM to make one (recoil next gen) so I can mod a wood kit for it 🤣

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

If LCT/E&L had TM internals (hop) and bolt lock/recoil, id be all over them. I loved my old LCT 74U but im holding out for TM to make one (recoil next gen) so I can mod a wood kit for it 🤣

Funny you you should say about wood kits , I’ve just picked up a GBB 74 for bog all so I’m toying with the idea of going to town on it , sink some beer tokens in to it re-do all the internals and get a pukka wood kit for it .👍

Archived