Minimum age in airsoft

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I must be weird but its the only game where you get to shoot the family and get away with it.

Yeah it depends on the person. I think that marshals should ask people under 12 a load of questions before being allowed to play to see if they 1 know the rules and 2 are going to be sensible during the day

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Solly4568 said:

I think that marshals should ask people under 12 a load of questions before being allowed to play to see if they 1 know the rules and 2 are going to be sensible during the day

That's a reasonable standard to apply to all players that they don't recognise.  Yes, even if they're geardos, as they may be have very different expectations and experiences to what's expected at that site.

19 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

o no, he was not scary at all. one minute I was pew pewing casually and the next a massive guy in a predator mask, dual wielding m4 pistols appears behind me and I suddenly need new underwear😂

also, can you say thanks to him for helping me find my grenade 😀

Thats ok mate i don`t like to see people loose things i like to try to help find it glad you like my mask lol

daddy time.jpg

18 hours ago, gasman said:

I must be weird but its the only game where you get to shoot the family and get away with it.

Or get shot in the back of the head by your daughter too

I was at least 3 feet left of where she should have been aiming LOL

On 21/11/2018 at 21:08, gasman said:

The site minimum age is 10 for insurance purposes and the lads father a regular at the site had to sign a waiver before he was allowed to play.......

There is a big flaw here, waivers don’t sign any responsibility away

If anything happened with a 10+ year old under the sites responsibilities then their public liability insurance would be there, if something happened to the younger kid then they have just lost their insurance cover and taken more responsibility for what goes wrong by allowing a child below their age limit play.  They have also documented the matter and unless they have an ‘underage disclaimer’ then their disclaimer ought to have had a declaration that they are 10+ in line with the age policy - if so then they have either documented the policy breach by correcting the age or made them sign a fraudulent waiver claiming to be older

Site insurance is provided in line with the policies and risk assessments that the site has in place, player age falls in there along with briefings to players 

Drop the age (Letting the insurer know) and then insurer may just accept it or up the premium

”for insurance purposes” means it changes the risk to the insurer and would increase premiums or void the insurance to allow it 

12/13 is a fair age (my basis being 13 as the target age and 12 for their friends in the same school year  who haven’t hit their birthday yet)

Going down to 10 maybe.  But ideally a kids group going down that far should be playing as a kids group with some parents etc,  not kids groups joining into a standard adults game

Individuals do vary, but also those you think might be ok could still not have a good time when shot a lot 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Tommikka said:

There is a big flaw here, waivers don’t sign any responsibility away

Not for death or personal injury.

Sites that allow players who are younger than the age that they've agreed with their insurer are taking a huge gamble.

Even if their insurer was obliged to indemnify them (courts like to hit the deepest pocket so that claimants don't lose out), if the site has breached their contract, the insurer may be able to pursue the site or the owner to recover their money.  A personal injury case, particularly one that involves long term care, would ruin most sites or individuals.

It's easy to laugh off until something goes wrong, then it would get really serious, really fast.

Archived