plate carrier for large people

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

picked up a black hawk plate carrier an its like im wearing a boob tube gutted 😫 always used a black hawk combat vest and had no problems are plate carriers ment to be shorter than combat vest and how do you take measurements to make sure you buy 1 that fits 

It depends on the type of plate carrier. There are those which are intended to more or less enclose just a SAPI plate of the appropriate size with some molle thrown on the front of the cover. There are other cuts of plate carrier which are much bigger.

In short it really depends on the cut of the plate carrier.

2 hours ago, Fat-jd said:

picked up a black hawk plate carrier an its like im wearing a boob tube gutted 😫 always used a black hawk combat vest and had no problems are plate carriers ment to be shorter than combat vest and how do you take measurements to make sure you buy 1 that fits 

I'm sure there's a thread on this or something along the lines of it... I don't recall any brands that anyone said in particular, might be worth searching it up and finding out?

What I do remember though is some guys were saying about getting a Ferro Concepts 'Dangler' which is a sort of extension pouch on the bottom of your plate carrier which seems like a shout as 1) you don't have to worry about buying a new plate carrier 2) extra protection on your 'spare tyre' and 3) extra storage! what's not to like? :D

Image result for ferro concepts

• Supporters

Sound advice , also having a more ‘manly physique’ I just drop the straps to there longest possible length on any plate carriers I use . If you do fancy a dangler pouch for yours there are plenty of them around now and a lot cheaper than the ferro concepts one (it is a cracking bit of kit but the price is a bit fruity) .👍

Archived