Best Budget Upgrade - $120/ 400 FPS/ 30 ROF/ 230 Feet Accuracy

Fidifu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys

To everyone who thinks a nice aeg build is extremely expensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBO7FsRHCYU

Made by Fabio Fernandes (brother and tech)

We spent 120 dollars and learned from the forum guides, no pro tech involved

Build:

Ares Amoeba am 14

ZCI 22 tpa High torque motor

13:1 SHS gears

ZCI 363mm barrel with custom r-hop + Flat Nub

SHS 140 spring 

-4 teeths shortstroke

Kings arms stock hop up 

Lipo 11.1 25w 2500V

Zci aluminum nozzle 21.37mm Zci V2/v3 cylinder head

SHS 14,5 tooth piston 

Ported cylinder 3/4

What do you guys think ? Any suggestions ? 

Thanks a lot !!!!

Barrel is too long for a short stroke gearbox.

Your looking at about a 40mm piston travel with a 4 tooth short stroke. That puts your ratio at about 1.7:1 way too low IMO for consistent at range shooting. For CQB it's not going to be a problem, but it woodland I'd want it to be dropped to about 250mm to get the ratio up into the 2.5:1 area.

The rest of it looks fairly standard.

22TPA motor £35, Gears £15, Barrel £20, Spring £5, Nozzle £5, Piston £10. Nothing out of the ordinary there and there parts that we pick and advise on a regular basis. 

The hop unit is suspect. I like the ZCI plastic rotary ones. You can pick them up cheap £10. And they don't have the wandering issues of the stock M4 design.

The shimming would need to be very good if you are running bearings, And I would use a bushing on the spur gear. 400fps at that ROF is going to stress the spur gear bearing to destruction.

I'd also want a full steel rack piston, with no weight reduction, and full side rails. Again your stressing the piston so reducing the chance of the piston been crushed by the sector gear becomes important.

Other than that it looks to be a decent build. A little OTT for my tastes. I'd rather have a 25rps build using 7.4v over a 30rps 11.1 build. Just to increase the service period, and reduce the chances of getting a crushed piston.

9 hours ago, Iceni said:

Barrel is too long for a short stroke gearbox.

Your looking at about a 40mm piston travel with a 4 tooth short stroke. That puts your ratio at about 1.7:1 way too low IMO for consistent at range shooting. For CQB it's not going to be a problem, but it woodland I'd want it to be dropped to about 250mm to get the ratio up into the 2.5:1 area.

The rest of it looks fairly standard.

22TPA motor £35, Gears £15, Barrel £20, Spring £5, Nozzle £5, Piston £10. Nothing out of the ordinary there and there parts that we pick and advise on a regular basis. 

The hop unit is suspect. I like the ZCI plastic rotary ones. You can pick them up cheap £10. And they don't have the wandering issues of the stock M4 design.

The shimming would need to be very good if you are running bearings, And I would use a bushing on the spur gear. 400fps at that ROF is going to stress the spur gear bearing to destruction.

I'd also want a full steel rack piston, with no weight reduction, and full side rails. Again your stressing the piston so reducing the chance of the piston been crushed by the sector gear becomes important.

Other than that it looks to be a decent build. A little OTT for my tastes. I'd rather have a 25rps build using 7.4v over a 30rps 11.1 build. Just to increase the service period, and reduce the chances of getting a crushed piston.

Thanks for the feedback,

Sorry i did not understand, would you remove the short stroke and insert a m120 spring ? I was afraid of PME  ...

Yea the hop up unit was the one i found from my bro past gun, i might change to a shs (rotary drop-in) or lonex standard one

In fact i play more on cqb with semi-only so my purpose was to get a decent rate of fire on semi with nice trigger response and not the other way around (i tested a 16 tpa shs high torque motor)

What hop up unit/cylinder and other things would you change ? What brands ?

Thanks a lot !!

@Rogerborg

Hahahaha !

You should visit a Brazilian CQB/field before blaime it on me

Standard field/cqb rules rules are:

No bang-bang in safe distance engagement

AEG = 400 fps no safe distance engagement

Dmr= 450 fps 70 feet safe distance engagement

Sniper= 500~550 fps ~100 feet distance

Obviously you can always try to sneak kill or try to submit "surrender" to another player ...

However he is not obliged to accept it, so it's on your sake to take a shot for being a "good guy"

11 minutes ago, Fidifu said:

Sorry i did not understand, would you remove the short stroke and insert a m120 spring ? I was afraid of PME  ...

No I'd drop a shorter barrel in. You already have the gearbox running why mess more with it.

The shorter inner barrel would be to get the shot to shot consistency up. It'll allow for more accurate shooting at full range. It will also drop the FPS a touch. On the sites I play range is more important than ROF. Hence we tune our guns to be consistent so we have the best chance of a 200+ft kill. 

For the ranges you shoot at in CQB decent accuracy at 200ft is pointless. You may as well just stick with what you have.

Any of the rotary units would be better IMO. I like the ZCI one because it's cheap and works. The rotary design doesn't have as much hop arm movement, and isn't as prone to winding off.

If you have it at a stage where it's shooting and shooting well. Don't mess with it. Use it till it breaks and then upgrade the parts that have shown need to be of a higher quality.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

And I wouldn't shoot at 400fps @ 30rps in CQB even if I could, but that's only because I have common decency and a trace amount of human empathy.

Lol playing The Gaol with a full auto 40mike powered AA12 😂

Archived