MP5A4 Front Wire Battery Fitting Problem

Droicky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently received an mp5a4 which I asked to be front wired, which it is (in order to use retractable stock). However although I specified that a small type tamiya  connector should be used in order to allow a battery to fit into the handguard, they used the same large type connector which came with the aeg. The  wires already struggle to fit inside the handguard, and theres no way a large type battery is going to fit.

If I was to use a Large to small adapter, there would still be much wire for the handguard to fit. Is there anything I could do to the wires in order for a small type connector to be fitted?

Also on a side note, does anyone know an alternative default (no RIS)  handguard which has more space than the G&G one? There's rails on the lower inside which take up a lot of space.

unnamed.jpg

+1 for new connectors, I have a converter and recon it will be tight, two tamiya connectors and a wire between them.

I only use the converter for testing a "new" gun before changing the connector.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

+1 for Deans connectors

Also you can cut the wire shorter when installing Deans to give you more wiggle room.

Also whilst your at it install a MOSFET and get rid of the fuse as that take up way too much space.

I have not run a fuse since my first AEG, a G&G M14 EBR

• 2 weeks later...

Try putting the fuse up in the space between barrel and gas tube, maybe a few zip ties, a bit of trail and error, small LiPo nunchuck battery is a possibility too ( have one )

• Supporters
On 17/11/2018 at 06:04, Droicky said:

However although I specified that a small type tamiya  connector should be used in order to allow a battery to fit into the handguard, they used the same large type connector which came with the aeg

Who should we be avoiding?

Archived