Seeking opinions on two WE pistols which I'm considering

FreeFrag.UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm looking at picking up a new pistol and I'm torn between a WE D.Eagle or one of WE's Biohazard range, in particular the Barry Burton. I'm curious to hear opinions on the two options as I'm unsure at present.

Part of my uncertainty stems from telling myself that my next pistol would be the ASG Cz.75 but I've been struggling to find green gas magazines for it.

So please weigh in, give me your opinions and words of wisdom.

I've slated WE over the years as being utter garbage, which I still stand by for some of their earlier guns like their 1911 offerings. However having tried one of their Glocks recently their newer stuff isnt bad at all. Its nowhere near as good as TM still, but it has a somewhat more satisfying chunky metal feel in the hand than TMs plastic fantastics. If you dont mind sacrificing a bit of  performance for a more satisfying pewpew then theyre not bad at all. I have a TM G17 and WE G19, and whilst the G17 shoots much better, it just feels so toy-like in the hand that I go for the G19 almost every time.

I didnt even know WE made a D.Eagle. My concern would be its a huge metal slide made of finest Chineseium thats going to weigh a tonne and have awful gas efficiency and really struggle in the cold, which is almost all year round in the glorious rainy UK. 

Their M9 platform isnt bad, so the biohazard range should be ok. 

4 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

I agree with the Glock stuff. Its better then it used to be, but TM still far out performs WE's. 

However WE P9 platform isn't that great, they seem to like to break apart at the rear. Especially the C02 ones. 

My advice is to go for a TM. You can pick up a TM G26 ADV for £120 which would be a great little pistol. 

50 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

I didnt even know WE made a D.Eagle. My concern would be its a huge metal slide made of finest Chineseium thats going to weigh a tonne and have awful gas efficiency and really struggle in the cold, which is almost all year round in the glorious rainy UK. 

The D.Eagle they produce is under licence from CyberGun as it has full trades. Apparently it's quite well made and avoids the known issue with the TM D.Eagle slides cracking.

I got to play with a gold plated WE desert eagle and it’s an absolute cannon of a gun. Kicks like hell and isn’t actually too bad on gas as it has a large mag. You have to use proper gas with it though. Watch for FPS over summer as the barrel is lengthy.  

Id stay clear of anything m9 by WE. The rear of the slides have been known to explode and hit people in the face. It’s not a one off incident either. I’ve seen it happen and there’s a good few videos online of it happening too. 

I love WE gbbrs, but having owned a we and a Tm g18c, I wouldn’t have a WE pistol given to me. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

My advice is to go for a TM. You can pick up a TM G26 ADV for £120 which would be a great little pistol. 

Excuse my naivety but that’s a Glock and he’s asking for a D’eagle or an M9 derivative ?😳

😂

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Excuse my naivety but that’s a Glock and he’s asking for a D’eagle or an M9 derivative ?😳

😂

I was picking up on the second posters comment, completely forgot about what the OP wanted! 

;)

Archived