Grenades

Valentine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone use the co2 powered grenades before? The ones with the reusable firing mechanism and the polymer shell, I've seen them over on gunfire an debating getting a sample pack with my next prder

• Supporters

you mean the thunder b's?

they're loud as hell when they work, which sadly isn't going to be often, it'll either not detonate, leak, not pierce the cartridge or detonate almost instantly.

it's a good idea but poorly executed, you'd be better off investing in a proper BFG or just sticking to regular pyros.

Tempting to get the starter pack to try them out failing that get a mounted launche, or both just for a laugh, shame the little cyma launcher is so hard to find these days

On the other hand just watched the airsoft mike review on the airsoft innovations cyclone an that looks much more reliable, more initial outlay but I spose it works out cheaper in the long run not having to buy new shells for the thunder b

• Supporters

Those thunder-bs are horrendously expensive even in the short term, and multiple reviews complain about their unreliability.

Reusable gas or BFG grenades work out far cheaper, plus you still have an asset to sell.

I'd avoid anything with a separate spoon, and be aware that the BB shower grenades can be genuinely not heard in noisy environments and completely miss targets even if they go off only a metre or so away, thus all the shouting of "PYYYYROHHHHHHH" from YouTubers deploying them.

tl;dr version is TRMR impacts, and Dynatex timed.

• Supporters

The CO2 thunder Bs as others have pointed out are rubbish.

I've only heard good things about BFGs

As for the AI Cyclones - yeah they are fun to play with and do kick out the BBs albeit not very hard. But be prepared to lose/break spoons, pins, shuttle heads, o-rings and the head of the grenade. Also they are made from an all plastic design so are not as durable as others. Lastly, when they do detonate some people don't even know what it is until you tell them "it was a grenade, cos i shouted FRAG!"

The AI XL burst might be better as it has an aluminium body, but you have to keep replacing the burst discs (hint hint buy the same plastic they use for sweet wrappers such are roses and cut them into discs the same size), also they dont have a spoon to lose but still have a pin.

As for the 40 mike, many sites dont allow it, if they do theres a lot of restrictions ie body only with a MED.

AND LASTLY the M.A.S.S. Grenade, a kickstarter smart grenade, built in the UK, by a professional engineer. BIGGEST SCAM EVER!! though in fairness i think the original inventor just tried or promised too much with feature creep as well and could not keep up demand and keep manufacturing costs low enough.

There are probably more grenades out there i failed to mention, there was that one with a single main body and several outer bodies like a cylinder and ball but cant remember its name.

Archived