Grey man tactical

Joe142
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, so I’m trying to track down a grey man tactical RIP-M 12.25 x 19 in mollie panel, from America they cost $128 with postage 😮 but they are only about £35 for the panel itself, the rest is postage, just wondering if any of you have had any experience with grey man tactical and if they are worth the price etc. Even better if any of you have one for sale haha, thanks all.

• Supporters

Had a quick look (had never heard of them) the size your after is £50 so with the crap exchange rate we’ve got these days $128 with P&P is about right .

plus as a side note what’s the point ? I totally get the big one that fits to the back of a car seat (bloody good idea) but the ones that go inside packs ? Nope don’t really see the point of them in  the ‘ordinary’ world yes if your HRT or what ever and you have different panels made up ready for different scenarios to grab at a moments notice I can see that , but us humble joe blogs . Nah . 

But what ever floats ya boat , crack on  !👍

Theres a bloke my mate follows on Insta who has a range of backpacks with molle inserts with various pouches all over (i presume your talking about a similar thing) I thought they looked great but then got thinking like Druid, what is the point of having pouches on the inside of a backpack...? It does look well organised but for most uses  in this country pretty pointless (the bloke in question only seems to go on country walks with his) I suppose he gets paid to promote as he is a brand 'influencer' with his thousand followers etc...

but as you said, each to their own!

I got interested and looked at their website, @Joe142 why dont you ask the manufacturer if they have any distributors in the UK or Europe, would help keep your postage costs down..

• Supporters

Just had another look at them , so basically there a sheet of plastic that’s cut to size and has cut outs to acomadate molle ? Had a look around and you you can pick up a A3 sheet of 5mm (the panels are 0.188 of an inch thick which is 4.78mm) Pvc of fleabay for 6quid delivered so with a bit of patience you could make your own for distinctly less ! 👍

• Supporters

as druid has said, cheap sheet of suitable plastic, probably polycarbonate or maybe thin lexan, if its not too dear, & a bit of time to mark it out, I'd use a rotary cutter such a hobby style slimline router, & clamp timber on it as a measured stop/straight edge guide.

OR just have a look on Wish or GearBest, molle car seat panels are dirt cheap.

Rip apart an old molle vest and glue it to a sheet of plastic.

Even cheaper and you'll have multicam in your car as well 😂

• Supporters
On 15/11/2018 at 22:21, Tommikka said:

These are just old fashioned workshop/garage tool boards with the slots adjusted and cut in custom “tactical” shapes 

Oh you cynic !  😉

🤣🤣

Just a reminder, you cannot have rifs in public view, even in your car.

especially in your car.

Archived