TM MK23 Socom - Mini red dot

Ian180p
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Could somebody recommend me a mini red dot for my TM MK23 Socom.

Also need a rail attachment to enable it to fit.

I would prefer it to be the most cost effective option as i don't have a bottomless pit of money for something that will mostly be for looks.

Thanks

Ian

• Supporters

I'd recommend avoiding this very cheap style:

s-l500.jpg

Note the two small grub screws above the switch.  They're supposed to lock off the adjustment, but on the one that I got they don't, and it goes off very quickly.  On the bright side, the electrics failed in short order as well, so that's not a problem now.

Some of the bargain basement stuff that I've gambled on has paid off, but that one was a dead loss.

Yeah bought a terribly cheap one, was pants and it didnt last a whole skirmish. Got myself a pretty shexy £60 one as my MK23 was my primary at the time and its the nuts, so much I stuck it on my rifle, looks strange as its so small but I want to get my moneys worth :D   

That rail is spot on though. 

My only question is you said you want it mainly for looks but want budget. Why not save yourself the money and just not bother? 

As I said I paid (what I thought was) quite a lot for a pistol sight and it didnt improve my aim, help me shoot better etc. It was to look good, however I found it more in the way and than useful.

But then I played CQB and a couple of decent rapid shots without too much aiming tended to get shouts of HIT so hardly needed to ADS..

Archived