Mancraft Striker SDiK questions

philip_l_g
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've just purchased a mancraft SDiK for my Ares Striker, and now looking into Tank and Regulator. I know the SDiK comes with a 4mm line, I was struggling to find out how to get this to a regulator - so have been looking into the Mancraft regulator (As this has a 4mm push fitting installed standard).

I then thought that I will purchase some QD fittings, so went on a hunt to track down 4mm push fittings to 1/8" NPT, to use with some QD fittings I found on eBay, so I can always disconnect the Striker without venting air.

Perhaps stupidly, I purchased these before reading further into it...

A few questions arose from reading into tanks/regulators:
Do I really want a 4mm line from reg to gun? I've heard people say 6mm can rupture easily enough.

For use with a sniper rifle, is a 4500psi tank worth it; Should I purchase two 3000psi tanks for the same price (or potentially less)?

If I go down the two tanks route, can I use one line regulator, and switch when empty (or does the air vent when screwing a reg onto a full tank)?

Is the Mancraft regulator any good, is there another in a comparable price range? I've read inconsistent reviews on the Mancraft Reg.

Sorry for the many questions, but after a lot of googling, these remain unanswered - and I guess are all a matter of opinion.

Thanks!

• Supporters

Hi buddy

I used to own an SDiK for a VSR-10, in fact Mancraft's video about how to install the kit into a VSR-10 was mine (used with permission).

Firstly i used a Gen1 Mancraft reg with Co2 adapter, it was awful though i have heard their latest reg is pretty good but i have never tried it.

I managed to run my SDIK from a Redline Firebase by just taking the 4mm push fitting off the Mancrfat reg and screwing it into the Firebase.

Currently the only Mancraft product i now use is the pistol lanyard get up which like the SDIK uses the 4mm hose coiled, i bought it without the Mancraft regulator so when i got it, it was essentially a hose with the QD adpater for the pistol end.

I purhcaed this: https://shop-mancraft.com/en/pneumatics/71-zlaczka-skrecana-4m5.html

With the pistol lanyard, removed one of the Redline Firebases normal US spec QD fittings and screwed in the 4mm push fitting (make sure to wrap the threads with some PTFE tape) and plugged the pistol lanyards 4mm hose in. No leaks and works a treat and if the SDIK is still supplied with 4mm hose which i think it is, it should work.

To answer your questions: 

Do I really want a 4mm line from reg to gun? I've heard people say 6mm can rupture easily enough.

Unless you are stabbing the 4mm hose it should be good enough, anyways the way the SDIK is built and works 4mm hose is your only option as its already prefitted to the SDIK and you might find 6mm too thick or fouls the working parts of your rifle

For use with a sniper rifle, is a 4500psi tank worth it; Should I purchase two 3000psi tanks for the same price (or potentially less)?

Depends how many shots you fire, a 3000PSI 13CI tank should last you all day, a single CO2 12g bulb should last about 100 shots so a 13CI tank at 3000psi is gonna last way over 1000, in fact probably more like 2000.

A 13CI tank is the smallest HPA tank you can get, they are little larger than the size of a 500ml bottle, i think you will do well with two but one for now should suffice.

If I go down the two tanks route, can I use one line regulator, and switch when empty (or does the air vent when screwing a reg onto a full tank)?

Yes you can use one regulator, especially if you use one like the Redline Firebase (or its successor the SFR) as they have a separate ASA compatible tap. Essentially you screw the regulator on and then screw down the tap which hits the pin on the primary regulator which is attached to the tank. When it hits the pin it opens up the air flow which goes into the secondary regulator and then to the gun. When you have finished with the tank or gun you unscrew the ASA tap which closes the tank from the secondary regulator. I would recommend purging the secondary regulator so that you can safely unscrew it.

Is the Mancraft regulator any good, is there another in a comparable price range? I've read inconsistent reviews on the Mancraft Reg.

I personally used the first version of the Mancraft Regulator, having comapred it to a Redline Firebase and SFR, i wasn't impressed to say the least. Using the CO2 adaptor it was letting too much liquified CO2 into the SDIK causing inconsistent FPS issues. Using the SDIK with a proper HPA regulator and HPA made the SDIK very stable. Also the Mancraft regulator i used wasn't compatible with my HPA tanks as the pin wasn't long enough to depress the pin on primary regulator on the tank. As for the new designed on, it might be better i don't know.

Thank you very much! Really good information there.

I've opted for the mancraft regulator, as all problems I've heard comes from CO2 users, like you mention above - too much liquid entering the SDiK (Which apparently the newer MARS Regulater solves).

The pin on the regulator is apparently an M4(?) screw, which can be adjusted - so I plan on having it screwed all the way in, and back it off half turns until it's right.

I've also gone for a 3000PSI tank after your advice, I found a pretty cheap 48ci tank, so that'll last me a few double weekends of action at least.

Although I'm going to stick to 4mm for the first games after the advice, you've given me another avenue to pursue by linking that L adapter, so thank you very much...

I'm thinking I'll get a G1/8" to NPT fitting (like This), and stick a Female QD valve on - then look at getting a 6mm airline that has male QD on one side, and female QD on the other. Then  trim the 4mm pipe to a few inches out of the rifle and stick the 4mm male QD fitting on. That way I get the thicker diameter from tank to gun.

(attached crappy paint drawing. I omitted compression/push fittings to 1/8" NPT)

Thanks again for your help!

HPASetup.png

• Supporters

In theory the above diagram ought to work, in practice, well we'll find out. Dont see why it should not work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have built 7 guns with mancrafts installed and 3 with wolverine Bolt.

Personally i always use a 4 to 6mm up size fitting inside the gun. I do this so at no point can the air line ever be pulled on with from past experience is the number 1 cause of air leaks in HPA guns.

From there i usually go to a standard Fosters QD fitting for use with normal / US spec widebore airlines.

Hope this helps :). 

Archived