How many of you prefer tan/fde rifles?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've always gone for a black finish, and it is I suppose more appropriate to northern climes.

But a change is sometimes nice and I've been finding the dark earth guns increasingly attractive.

I've even come to like the two tone guns which some hate. The cm18 look quite nice to me and the two tone Raider 2.0 has also caught my eye.

I also like the look of tan accessories like vertical foregrips, red dots and torches. Black can get a bit boring after a while.

• Supporters

Most of my stuff is black but I do have a tan SCAR. It just looks...right in that colour (and everyone can just fuck right off with the Ugg boot comments 😠)

• Supporters

i think it depends on the gun, for example something like a scar or f2000 doesn't look too bad in fde/whatever fn thinks fde is, but an ak or m14 in that colour is just horrid.

my m4 is mostly olive but the reciever is still grey, the f2000 is fde, the '42 is black (yes i want it to be proper blued but it needs to shoot first) and the ak is black/wood with a russian flag taped on the stock because is most patriotic ak and also the triangle folding stock is really bad without a pad.

the vsr is almost entirely olive, but that was more because it was a horrible glossy black before and olive is all i had.

I’m the same. I took the approach of “there’s no desert in the UK so tan is stupid” but I have a taste for them now with certain guns. I’ve got a tan scar H, FNX .45 and 416 delta custom

I like it, have a CM18 I have shared the picture before but here you are:

I like the black & tan look I think it just makes it a bit more interesting. 

89ECEA14-A713-4E96-871F-51C01E755D6E.jpeg

• Supporters

I like a mix of tan and black. If done right it can look really nice. 

• Supporters

BEIGE. IS. BEST.

Apart from the sartorial superiority, for much of the year the forest undergrowth up these parts is brown rather than green anyway.

For that matter, my indoors CQB site is largely chipboard, so tan works there as well.

• Supporters

I’m a big fan of Polymer guns in tan/DE , wether it’s a Scar/G36 or an Aug I always thought they look good in these colors but not metal M4’s , the furniture and ‘bolt ons’ Yes but the actual body/barrel stays black for me . 

It really depends on the gun. 

I think the F2000/AUG looks great in Tan. The ICS APE looks great in black/tan mix. 

But would I want a Tan Famas? Hell no. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

But would I want a Tan Famas? Hell no. 

Famas am desert ! 😂

1B5ACF67-25D4-467D-A503-982260E973EF.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Famas am desert ! 😂

NAAAAAHHH BRUV. It looks like someone went nuts with a rattle can. Mind you I do like the OD handguard on my SV/F1 hybrid. Maybe I should OD some of the receiver! 

a21x07hvri101.jpg

Nope, cant stand it. Biggest blackest guns for me only plz. I was glad when the fad of the "desert operator" look died out. A few years back everyone and their mum wanted a "sandpit" gun, and every other AI mag had a special on "how to desert look your gun!"

Tan/fde is nice but black never gets old..

I have a black gun (tournament gun, ares am013 with mostly black furniture) and a fde gun (ares am009, with fde furniture)..

My next gun will probably be green or tan, depending on what my local shop can find..

My black gun also has the handguard covered by camo tape, just because black doesn't exist in nature and in late spring/summer/early autumn black guns are easy to spot on our field, whereas a tan one is much harder to identify..

Also here everyone and their dog uses a black gun, so standing out from the pleb mass feels good as well :P

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Lozart said:

I do have a tan SCAR. It just looks...right in that colour (and everyone can just fuck right off with the Ugg boot comments 😠)

Unlike some other people I was not going to mention it, or feel the need post anything about Wellington boots either :)

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’m the same. I took the approach of “there’s no desert in the UK so tan is stupid” 

Never stopped squads of Desert Camo bods at the Mall though :D  

but to answer the topic I like black guns with tan accessories.. Just breaks up the solid black lump and makes it more interesting.

Sprayed the stock, silencer, front grip and magwell grip of my CM16 and thought it looked the nuts. Especially after some wear and tear

I don't mind tan although none of mine are (well almost).

They're all black except the green GSPEC VSR which is a mix of greens (old trousers), tan (old raincoat) and flecktarn scrim with a bit of (beige) raffia.

I keep meaning to spray a RIF. Personally I prefer green and it suits where I play most of the year. Although tan is good now the leaves have fallen. I do shift my camo from woodland colours to desert colours about this time of year. Perhaps a tan RIF is in order...hmmm.

Maybe.... :rolleyes: lol.... maybe not.

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Famas am desert ! 😂

That’s so when the French surrender in the desert, the enemy can’t find their guns so the next group of Frenchmen that pass have 2 rifles to drop. 

Like my AUG in green and black, and my XR5 but that's not a 'real' gun 😁 Thinking about it my L96 is green and black too and the AK is black and wood, so that's just the Ugboot, sorry SCAR and MP5 in all black then !. 

TBH both are nice mate its just personal preference I like a mix of black and tan,I've seen some great "battle worn" paint jobs that are the best of both worlds have a go you can always respray if not happy 

all the best

227708.jpg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, StayOnTarget said:

TBH both are nice mate its just personal preference I like a mix of black and tan,I've seen some great "battle worn" paint jobs that are the best of both worlds have a go you can always respray if not happy 

all the best

227708.jpg

Seeing as that’s a movie gun I should hope it looks good ! 🤣🤣🤣

Tan, FDE or Ral8000 FTW! 3 scars an ACR a delta custom and now the 416 a5 hell yeah! 

Archived