A Farewell To BBs

StayOnTarget
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Winking aside, I do this when target shooting in the garage.  You are indeed not losing them from the mag, but from the hop unit feed tube.  With an M4 magwell adaptor extending a G36 feed, I can easily drop half a dozen BBs per change otherwise.

Surely just using g36 mags would help you keep a few off the ground over the m4 adaptor? 

I drop more bbs loading a mag before a game than in a game reloading. The ones I drop when loading a mag normally land in my case. At the end of the day there's normally a few different weights and they all go into my misc shotgun bottle. Maximum random scatter....

The ones I drop in a game are an offering to the Airsoft Gods... lol :D

30 minutes ago, Immortal said:

At the end of the day there's normally a few different weights

Am I nerd for having a digital micro scale in my range bag?

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I drop more bbs loading a mag before a game than in a game reloading. The ones I drop when loading a mag normally land in my case. At the end of the day there's normally a few different weights and they all go into my misc shotgun bottle. Maximum random scatter....

The ones I drop in a game are an offering to the Airsoft Gods... lol :D

I have my bag of 'nade ammo, all the ammo that's been dropped or test fired gets stuffed into grenades for dat schrapnel.

That said, its mostly .3's

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Valentine said:

Surely just using g36 mags would help you keep a few off the ground over the m4 adaptor? 

Well, yes, but I already had the M4 mags, and the adaptor is cheaper than buying more G36 mags.

Besides, it was another thing to fiddle around with, which is half the fun for me.

Good point, can't hurt to save a few quid, I already got some spare g36 mags as soon as I finally decided on that particular style

Those g&g midcaps are awesome, been using them for years and they always fed perfectly!

MAXX and Madbull have hop chambers that retain bbs in the tube, but imo they're useless since a couple of bbs per reload won't get you to sleep under a bridge..

On a side note, Ray Mears is just THE man, I'd attend one of his advanced courses if I lived in the UK

• Supporters

When re-loading in the safezone I always reload my main mags over the grab bag I carry them mags in , that way end of the day I don’t loose that many bbs . We’ve all seen guys loading up and spilling ammo all over the shop , when you think about it if you expand that to the whole o the yrs game days how much money have they wasted ? .

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

When re-loading in the safezone I always reload my main mags over the grab bag I carry them mags in , that way end of the day I don’t loose that many bbs . We’ve all seen guys loading up and spilling ammo all over the shop , when you think about it if you expand that to the whole o the yrs game days how much money have they wasted ? .

A bag tops.

What is it like? £7 for you guys? Not much :P

3 minutes ago, Skara said:

A bag tops.

What is it like? £7 for you guys? Not much :P

Depends how bad they are at filling mags...

Cheap funnels, or a sheet of paper in a cone to load hi-caps, or loaders... Spillages much reduced!

On 12/11/2018 at 15:38, Lozart said:

It pretty much does! It's got a long (and delicate) extended follower.

You can see it about 1:40 in 

It gets stuck in the mag. Great idea but not done very well. I had loads of trouble until i removed it.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:00, EvilMonkee said:

I always lose 3-4 from each AK mag.   Its deffo from the hop chamber.  TBH its not a bad thing cos it should mean you only have 1 in the pipe so if you were a numpty and let one off in the safe zone the damage is going to be minimal rather than a full burst 

One accidental discharge is one to many

I use old washing up bottles to store my bbs in and the top is just right to cup hand round mag and fill mags up that way.

TBH dropping a few when I remag does not bother me.

On 12/11/2018 at 15:38, Lozart said:

It pretty much does! It's got a long (and delicate) extended follower.

You can see it about 1:40 in 

These arrived yesterday just finished night so its play time tomorrow I'll let you know how they are

Ok so today I tested out 4 different mags QRS by vfc,PMAG by pts,STANAG metal mag by nuprol and GR16 by g&g.The GR16 fed every bb with no waste it is tight in the magwell but being plastic soon started to slide in and out better then the STANAG it lost the same as the PMAG but had no issues feeding into the hop where the Pmag had a misfire last was the QRS oh dear poor feed indeed on this to the point where i thought it had finished even after several extra pulls of the trigger there were still a fair few bbs left in the mag as well as 4 bbs dropping out.I've put masking tape on some of the mags to help with feeding and also to prevent them from just dropping out and loosing them which has happend in the past I'd rather give them a good tug these days(ooh er missus).It was never about money more about an itch I couldn't scratch

20181119_114320__1542638365_79.68.109.251.jpg

Archived