Krytac SPR MK2 low FPS

GenePoolReject
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As someone who is relatively new to air soft I am seeking advice from some of the more knowledgeable folk around here. I have a Krytac SPR that is a tad underpowered. It’s currently rocking 240fps with .25’s (so around 260 with .20’s?) and I’m after some advice as to the possible cause and perhaps even recommended parts to change.

I don’t seem to have any real issues on the field, despite the low FPS it still out performs my buddies upgraded TM Scar but I can only imagine how good it could be if I got it up to my site limit of 370!

All help is very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

• Supporters

Look up Air seal mods, and spring upgrade. I wouldn’t change the spring till you have checked the air seal. 

The reason yours shoots well is the hop and how it’s set up. 

I had a 210fps gun that could get to 50M accurate as anything,it just took a week to get there.

I suppose I could do with opening the gearbox to try and figure out where I am loosing compression. It’s a relatively new gun and has never fired at the rate it should do out of the box, I would of sent it back if it wasn’t for the unique way in which I acquired it.

I’m slightly concerned about taking it apart and then not getting it back together again.

• Supporters

Then can I suggest you send it to a tech to service it. You can talk to them about what you’d like etc.

Then I’d suggest you buy a dirt cheap gun/gearbox and take it apart and put it back together so you understand what makes your gun tick.

Archived