SRC 1911 - Preferred gas?

Valentine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got a src 1911 on the way but I'm a tad confused on gas choices so just going by what's available at patrol base my choices are nuprol green gas or asg ultrair unless I go down the ebay route where there are a lot more optionsany feedback on those particular gasses or recommendations for others would be greatly appreciated, will be my first ggb pistol so I don't wanna go knacking it with crap gas straight out of the box

Nuprol 2.0 is decent standard green gas. Abbey makes good gas too.  I run propane as it’s much cheaper. Avoid asg ultrair. It’s shite. 

Cheers I was wondering why It was the same price for a much bigger bottle for the asg, guess that answers it if it's not as good in the long run

You should be ok with the Nuprol stuff in the green bottle.

I have also been impressed with Puff Dino from Airsoft World. It is good value for money though I suspect a bit hotter than the Nuprol.

I also use the Abbey 144a for plastic slides and their Predator regular gas.

I have two tins of ASG Ultrair but have not yet used any because it has no silicone - just 90% propane and 10% butane. And it gets the thumbs down from Wolf. Oh, he beat me to it.

Sorted then, can of green nuprol and a bag of ares bb's in the basket ready for payday, is there much difference between the 2.0 green and the 3.0 red nuprol? I'm thinking the red might be better since its winter at the mo from what I can gather, the 1911 is full ally version rather than plastic so I shouldn't need to worry about anything cracking with the more powerful gas

Archived