Throat protection

Leader Bee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, don't keep us in suspense: did you died?

Can't you tell, no reply he dead. 😭😱

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, don't keep us in suspense: did you died?

He did, but then he ‘manned up’ and walked it off ! 🤣

• Supporters

Never been shot in the throat or neck.

I do wear a UBACs zipped all the way up and wear a small scrim scarf around my neck so probbaly have but never noticed.

I seem to get shot more in the hands than neck.

On 11/11/2018 at 15:39, Leader Bee said:

I suppose there are the Paintball Dye throat protectors but they don't seem to come in any kind of camo.

They do exist in camouflage & others exist in tan etc

But I wouldn’t particularly recommend one.  I’ve never tried the larger full neck ones, but did once buy the old basic neoprene protector.

I put it on my neck and promptly dumped it in the back of the cupboard.

I would really recommend just something to put a layer over bare skin, even if it’s just a snood etc

But I just do without and haven’t suffered for it

E094829E-1F57-4423-97CE-EEE6FEF2680E.png

AF95F2F4-E248-451E-9D1D-8DC0A9FF8ADE.png

F58A1EF1-A2C6-4791-8AD2-D6E7A20B1E6C.png

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2018 at 20:35, Tackle said:

Lol, I took one point blank in the Adams apple once, hurt like a mofo & made me gag/choke, but once in 17+ years isn't gonna make me rush out & buy some kinda protection that ultimately is gonna be restrictive & prob hold a lot of heat in when playing.

If we tried to (over) protect all the  sensitive bits we'd end up looking like a juggernaut in no time.

Same, adams apple and also made me do a sort of half gag too ha, which made me laugh straight after. But I did zip up the ubacs after. Then that was a bit uncomfortable so unzipped it again a while later. Also taken an unbelievable shot to a tiny gap on my forehead between my cap and googles which lumped up a bit and got some blood running down. To me it's part of the fun and I expect it so would rather be comfy than too hot. I do protect teeth though because dentists are a total rip off

Apart from the obvious things that have been mentioned. As a light weight warm weather neck cover I got a large thin tiger stripe (could probably pick up other patterns) bandana and sewed it into a tube. Because it hangs loose it's less stuffy an helps absorb impacts unlike the thin stretchy snood option.

my lower face protection, it's this neoprene shit, actually covers the neck too. 

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

Apart from the obvious things that have been mentioned. As a light weight warm weather neck cover I got a large thin tiger stripe (could probably pick up other patterns) bandana and sewed it into a tube. Because it hangs loose it's less stuffy an helps absorb impacts unlike the thin stretchy snood option.

That's actually a nice idea :)

I still have some material left from my ghillie project, may have a go at it

Tar Scara. I have one of the synthetic multi cam scarves I made in to a hood with a bit of neck coverage which works quite well too.

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Neoprene is good  for a lot of things but I wouldn't have it as face protection as I don't find it breathable enough

I'm currently trying to dissuade Workmake Eddie from using it.  I found it stifling and sweaty for motorcycle use and quickly binned it.  He does seem determined to wear some sort of rubbery gimp mask though, and I don't want to judge his lifestyle choices.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm currently trying to dissuade Workmake Eddie from using it.  I found it stifling and sweaty for motorcycle use and quickly binned it.  He does seem determined to wear some sort of rubbery gimp mask though, and I don't want to judge his lifestyle choices.

It certainly has its uses, but as face protection etc....there's far better options that wont be as "gimpish"

Meh, I have an old neoprene mask, used once and then thrown in the bin.

Wouldn't use it for motorcycle use as well, I prefer snoods for that. Much more versatile and they keep me ugly face warm even in cold winter mornings :)

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Neoprene is good  for a lot of things but I wouldn't have it as face protection as I don't find it breathable enough

It's got holes over the mouth, and the bottom of the nose is open with a slight overhang, I don't find it so bad. 

Personalty if you wanna be gimpy, wear a gasmask, personal I though the neo-mask made me look like a latter-day ninja, but maybe that's just my imagination. 

18 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

It's got holes over the mouth, and the bottom of the nose is open with a slight overhang, I don't find it so bad. 

Personalty if you wanna be gimpy, wear a gasmask, personal I though the neo-mask made me look like a latter-day ninja, but maybe that's just my imagination. 

I know exactly the ones your on about. More like a winter soldier cosplay wearing those things :)

Archived