How big are Nuprol helmets?

TheBoojum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Looking for a helmet for my 62cm head. Reviews say that the OneTigris ones will be very tight. I then looked at the Nuprol ones. They say that they are

• Completely adjustable with strapping, rear neck support and removable internal padding this helmet can be customised to fit anyone of any head shape and size.

Does anyone have one, and is this true? Are they a comfortable fit for a large head?

Thanks.

I have a big head too (61cm) and I found most helmets to be too small..

I'd look for sized ones, the one size fits all models are usually too small (up to 59 I guess)..

The only one I tried that fits me is a fma replica of the crye air-frame and it was an XL size..

Thanks Skara. I feared that it might be the case. I might try getting a Nuprol one from Amazon ('cos they look good) and if it doesn't fit, return it on the basis that the description is wrong. But I'll also look at the one you suggest.

• Supporters

To be honest mate there more than likely ALL from the same factories as neither 1Tigris nor Nuprol actually make anything they sell (neither do ASG) , they buy absolutely everything in from clone’ers in China that just pump this stuff out for pennies and by the truck full . Only real difference is the quality of the polymers used , they’ll do a run with really shitty plastic then they’ll do one with ‘the good stuff’ so you’ve get the really cheap nasty ones with the most basic of head straps you see on the ‘lowest price’ filter on fleabay then you get the better quality ones from ‘named’ suppliers that have good quality ops core type copied internals or what ever  .

Just different qualities of manufacturing but all from the same moulds hence none fit ya big melon ! 🤦‍♂️

I fear you're right Druid - that sounds extremely plausible. I've just ordered a Nuprol one from Amazon and screenshotted the bit where it says that it fits every head size and shape in case I have to send it back.

• Supporters

I can confirm the FMA airframes do fit a big noggin as my oldest son has a huge melon and it fits him fine , so one would ‘hope’ that you would be able to find somthing to fit in the FMA range of helmets ?

I'll see what the Nuprol one is like (and report back) and if that fails will look at the FMA ones. Many thanks.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, TheBoojum said:

I'll see what the Nuprol one is like (and report back) and if that fails will look at the FMA ones. Many thanks.

My quick two penn'orth: I have what I previously considered a big head (61cm). FMA L/XL sized FAST/PJ/BJ helmets fit but the Maritime is a bit smaller. Their EXF Bump and UTP Bump (both based on Team Wendy designs) fit quite well though because they are a) a different shape and b) have a different suspension and padding system. 

And here is the result...

It's big enough!

It seems that my head is relatively long and narrow, and with the wheel adjuster at a bit less than maximum it is perfectly OK for length. I will need to pad the top and sides quite a bit but they provide a good load of padding, so it shouldn't be a problem. The base material seems good quality and the fixtures and fittings seem robust and strongly attached. All-in-all, very pleased (and relieved). Will be trying it in action this weekend.

The one I got was the Nuprol Airsoft Fast Railed Helmet Green.

Thanks for all your advice.

Archived