Cylinder/barrel ratio & Spring help (mostly spring)

Seany.exe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so this is more for confirmation really as i've been looking aboot for infor to get my bastard gun up to scratch.

it's a generic v2 G&G gearbox, only upgrade in it is a random SHS piston head & cylinder head I had laying around no idea what spring in it as i have 3 laying about that all look identical.

97mm Crazy jet barrel w/ hotshot bucking

Currently shooting at .7J with .25G BBs in it.

So anyway, looking around I think I need a type 3 cylinder with this short of a barrel, the one with a slot halfway down so i'm gonna grab one of those when i get paid along with a decent spring guide. The main thing i'm confused with is which spring would be best. Should a 110 spring do the job or does it need to be more powerful with pistol length barrels? Looking for the sweet spot of around 340fps/1.1J (however you measure your output)

• Supporters

Short barrels need higher springs. My 300mm used an Modify M100 spring and came out at 370fps, my Random M90 is at 343 currently.

I haven’t looked it up but my brain is telling me that cylinder isn’t correct. I think with that size barrel you need a type 1/2( half way down hole).

Edit:https://socomtactical.net/airsoftblog/airsoft-how-to-guides/what-cylinder-to-use-with-different-length-airsoft-barrels/

Should help you.

Archived