Help with ICS-25

Praxeti
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hiya, new here and to the hobby!

Purchased this today (https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-m4-ris-with-oa93-folding-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg) and was just wondering if people had any idea on two things?

Was first wondering if its possible to remove the rail and have the battery inside, and second was wondering if it was possible to remove the front sight? the rear sight was easy to remove, but couldnt find any way to manage the front.

sorry if this is in the wrong place,

thanks

Did you buy the battery that goes in the foregrip or the PEQ box one?

The front sight on many cheaper m4s is hard fixed onto the outer barrel, you would need to replace the barrel if that's the case, you may also need a replacement gas block to keep the tension on the foregrip mounting.

7 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Did you buy the battery that goes in the foregrip or the PEQ box one?

The front sight on many cheaper m4s is hard fixed onto the outer barrel, you would need to replace the barrel if that's the case, you may also need a replacement gas block to keep the tension on the foregrip mounting.

I got the battery the lad selling me it suggested, so its a VP Airsoft 2200mAh battery, bit small for the PEQ box but fits.

I thought it was fixed honestly, i can imagine replacing the barrel would probably be quite the task?

1 minute ago, Praxeti said:

the barrel would probably be quite the task?

Outer barrel should be an easy replacement job, plenty of videos showing how on the 'tube 

8 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Outer barrel should be an easy replacement job, plenty of videos showing how on the 'tube 

Oh okay, only asked here cause I couldn't find any, guess i'll get searching again. thanks!

6 minutes ago, Praxeti said:

Oh okay, only asked here cause I couldn't find any, guess i'll get searching again. thanks!

Wish I could be more help, I haven't owned that exact model. Others may have more detailed info though.

18 minutes ago, Praxeti said:

Was first wondering if its possible to remove the rail and have the battery inside, and second was wondering if it was possible to remove the front sight? the rear sight was easy to remove, but couldnt find any way to manage the front.

sorry if this is in the wrong place,

thanks

Front Sight:

There's normally a grubscrew under where the sling loop would go and two pins holding it straight on the barrel, sometimes another pin locking the gas tube in position too. You'll have to hit the pins quite hard from left to right. That's if this model allows it to be removed.

Make sure you support and rest the block and barrel on something to stop it moving when you hit it. Previously I've used a bit of mdf to hammer against as it's soft and will catch the pins if over punched.

I can't quite tell from the link but if that isn't a floating handguard then you'll have an issue if you remove the front site whereby it will move and the handguard will come off. Also the outer barrel will have grooves where the sight was. The gas tube will not have anything to go into either (if present even though it's aesthetics), you'd need another gas block to replace the sight and lock you're handguard up and or a new handguard otherwise.

To change the barrel you'll either need an AR wrench or you can use half a handguard like a wrench. That'll remove the delta ring.... then the barrel.

Battery:

You'll need one that fits your handguard with easy access or rewire it to the rear but you'd have to replace the stock for one that can hold a battery.

50 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Front Sight:

There's normally a grubscrew under where the sling loop would go and two pins holding it straight on the barrel, sometimes another pin locking the gas tube in position too. You'll have to hit the pins quite hard from left to right. That's if this model allows it to be removed.

Make sure you support and rest the block and barrel on something to stop it moving when you hit it. Previously I've used a bit of mdf to hammer against as it's soft and will catch the pins if over punched.

I can't quite tell from the link but if that isn't a floating handguard then you'll have an issue if you remove the front site whereby it will move and the handguard will come off. Also the outer barrel will have grooves where the sight was. The gas tube will not have anything to go into either (if present even though it's aesthetics), you'd need another gas block to replace the sight and lock you're handguard up and or a new handguard otherwise.

To change the barrel you'll either need an AR wrench or you can use half a handguard like a wrench. That'll remove the delta ring.... then the barrel.

Battery:

You'll need one that fits your handguard with easy access or rewire it to the rear but you'd have to replace the stock for one that can hold a battery.

I saw about the pins, but it seems the front sight is more attached to the barrel, which is then attached to a ring inside the handguard.

Seems so far it might be easiest to try find someone who knows what they're on about to do this if i ever decide to! but thanks!

that rail is a bit odd, it is a floating rail, but still has a ring on the gas block that sits into the rail, kinda like a spacer to keep the outer barrel centered..

You can remove the front sight but then you'll have a shorter outer barrel.. ICS makes a nice gas block for that rail (which also has a few slots of rail on top, they sit flush with the handguard rails) and i'm pretty sure it uses dedicated outers (they have a couple of grooves cut into them at two thirds of the lenght, to house the gas block/frnt sight screws)

It's a quite piss poor design, but it was cool back then (10+ years ago when they came out)

I have always been confused by the ICS range of M4s. If you look at the G&G catalogue for example, it gives you a pretty good idea of what the differences between beginner, intermediate and advanced ranges are. This is not so clear with ICS guns. I know they have a sports line ofpolymer guns.

But there are quite a few metal guns with model letters or numbers that aren't very familiar available at around £240 or less. Yet anything called cpx, hog, etc is a lot more expensive. The differences between them aren't always made very clear.

Archived