Dyeing polymer parts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Team,

I can across an interesting (well, to me anyway) article about using a product (Rit dye) to change to colour of polymer mags.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/ritdye_sand_pmags/

Has anybody done it, or dyed any other polymer parts? The article and responses seem to suggest tan polymer takes the dyes well, black does not.

Cheers in advance

rdb

Good stuff. You can literally dye anything with it; plastic, materials and even metal will stain.

Seen it turn XT60 yellow plugs to a perfect jet black (amongst other things). It'll only turn a colour to a similar shade or darker. The object you dye needs to start as a light colour to get a light colour, eg; you can't dye a dark blue plastic to yellow etc but you can visa versa.

Like I said, good stuff. Seem to recall it doesn't smell so good though.... lol :D

You can get it on Shamazon fairly cheaply.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've got shed loads of the Rit DyeMore (designed for synthetics) in a sand/tan/khaki colour from when I made Ghostbuster suits.

I can send you a bottle of you want RDB, try it out :)

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

I've got shed loads of the Rit DyeMore (designed for synthetics) in a sand/tan/khaki colour from when I made Ghostbuster suits.

I can send you a bottle of you want RDB, try it out :)

Cheers bud. I’m thinking about a wild, bright pistol

Archived