Been fun while it lasted..

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So just had the news that my local and only cqb site  is only organising  one last game. Then there going concentrate  on milsim games. (Fair enough  if that what they want to do) but I'm not a a massive  fan of milsim for various reasons  cost, traveling  distance  everyone elses £400 Plus  gun out  ranges my cheap cm16 (due to upgrade to a mp7 from.decemver) 

With no other site local to me  that offer the cqb  that I like (room clearing with bags torches  etc etc) I think I'll be leaving the sport  in a few weeks but  hey at least I'll have more money less bruising and  less packages to hide from the Mrs. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I'm guessing that's SEO Airsoft your referring to Shaun ?

they got slated recently after one of their milsims, is the cqb closure down to that or have they lost the venue ?

You never truly leave the game, you might take a break, but the itch will always be there (I'm back after about 12 years away). Just like Hotel California, you can check out but you will never leave.

It seems like the focus is shifting towards milsims, it kinda sucks because it's only a niche part of the whole airsoft world..

If I were you I wouldn't worry about your gun's range too much, the difference is unnoticeable unless you're talking 150 fps difference :P and you can get the same range with only a few, quite inexpensive upgrades (literally a spring and a flat hop)

9 hours ago, Tackle said:

I'm guessing that's SEO Airsoft your referring to Shaun ?

they got slated recently after one of their milsims, is the cqb closure down to that or have they lost the venue ?

Yeah it's seo  tbh I dont know why it closing I'm.not going to guess  and start  a  rumour. 

Good luck to them but yeah Muslims just aren't my thing  I loved the fact it was up the road from me and I got go get my fix for a few hours 

My cheapo cyma is still able to keep me competitive and playing against people with much, much better guns. Its more with how you play so don't worry about you cm16. Quex do a night ops game once a month so plenty of opportunity to use your torch or flash bangs.

• Supporters

There's plenty of other decent sites in Kent, where exactly are you based and what are your travel arrangements?

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

There's plenty of other decent sites in Kent, where exactly are you based and what are your travel arrangements?

I know those other sites redone invicta  apoc and all that but I just don't wanna travel that far.   But Quex is much closer and it would  get me out once every few months I guess and they have there cqb sort of area.. But  Only really enjoy room clearing and that  which im not sure what there other site offer when it come it that. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Shaun Haynes said:

I know those other sites redone invicta  apoc and all that but I just don't wanna travel that far.   But Quex is much closer and it would  get me out once every few months I guess and they have there cqb sort of area.. But  Only really enjoy room clearing and that  which im not sure what there other site offer when it come it that. 

Well, if you want it on your doorstep I'm afraid you're going to be SoL living in the arse end of the country as you do. :(

52 minutes ago, Shaun Haynes said:

As above, if your only getting out once every month or so why not go somewhere you know will be fun and fit your needs and plan ahead :)

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

living in the arse end of the country as you do. :(

Arse end of the country?? I will have you know we're very up and coming area thank you. Margate its self now boasts a thriving colony of  oddly dressed hipsters. It contrasts nicely with chavs but they lived there already!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

Arse end of the country?? I will have you know we're very up and coming area thank you. Margate its self now boasts a thriving colony of  oddly dressed hipsters. It contrasts nicely with chavs but they lived there already!

Some of my wife's family live down that way. Are you sure they're actual hipsters not just lost French tourists?

4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

As above, if your only getting out once every month or so why not go somewhere you know will be fun and fit your needs and plan ahead :)

The only place I can think would be the mall. 

There is a place in Dover triple a airsoft or something  that might be what I want it worth a look before selling up?

Shame the Mall closed, will be looking for a new CQB site myself soon.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Don’t red one have a nepolionic fort (“the fort”) down that way?

yeah, isn't that the one at Borstal near Chatham, think someone did a review on here recently.

Edit:

If you can travel there is Urban Assault near Peterborough thats only an 1hr and half or so away and is an excellent CQB site.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

If you can travel there is Urban Assault near Peterborough thats only an 1hr and half or so away and is an excellent CQB site.

Great site, & its literally closing down imminently, we don't want to break Shaun's heart all over again 😜

Archived