Reasonable Eotech clone

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been looking at these for my AK on Amazon and Ebay and you can get them unbranded for not much more than 30 quid. Some of them go by names like Beilishi and Minidiva. Most of those on retailers websites seem to be priced at the 50-70 pounds range. I am not convinced they are any better.

I know they are all rubbish anyway and so I don't want to pay more than is necessary. I only need it for cqb  at about 20 yards max, and my main consideration is if they are clear enough for indoor play.

It's always hit and miss with cheap Chinese stuff, but I wondered if any of you have found budget items that work well enough for airsoft.

Any recommendations appreciated. 

• Supporters

For me you hit the nail squarely on the head with your range comment , the ranges we engage at can anyone seriously say “oh I missed the hit as my red dot was off “ 😳

yes if you try going for a head shot you could blame the sight if you miss (but saying that you have to be a bit of a tool to go for a deliberate head shot if you can see more of the player , but that’s a WHOLE different debate?) but body shots ? Nah don’t think so ! You will see a fair few saying “buy cheap buy twice” which can be very true with basically everything, but equally don’t try and make out you HAD to buy a £500 what ever as your TM recoil/kwa erg/gbbr shakes cheap ones too pieces , give us a break ! As if ! Don’t make excuses just admit you wanted it and that’s that .😉

19yrs I’ve been playing I’ve never bought expensive sights (rather spend the money on more guns , I have a very short attention span 😂) most expensive I’ve ever bought was a Vision king short dot and that was only because I really really love the look of them but couldn’t find a cheaper one that matched my expectations.

So me personally I’d say get whatever catches your eye and crack on ! 

Before you buy any sight, get use to the range etc of your AK.  No matter how much you spend, if you or your AEG is not fully setup, there is no point sticking on a sight.  Max out the AK in terms of range and what you can do to it, then once you understand that, then add a sight.  I tend to spend a while using iron sights before adding anything else - makes those sweet shots well worth the effort and time getting to know your AEG.

I bought a EoTech clone for around £25. It was very poor. The glass was very dark and highly reflective meaning that in certain conditions, I couldn't see through the thing.

I bought a Trijicon MRO clone for £30. Not only do I think it looks cool, it also actually works.

• Supporters

What he said 👆 (goddamn, my post should have been under Druids, damn these pudgy slow fingers)

In fact, unless you've really "got to have it", cos Costa or someone says you can't live without it, I'd say why bother, I've ditched all of my red dots etc & just use battle sights, at the ranges we shoot at its more instinctive anyway, unless you look like this 😜

vg7fd.jpg

Two things.. there is no good EOTech replica. I’ve had 4 now I think. They are all very dark. Virtually unusable unless it’s a sunny day. 

Some cheap optics are shit. Just shit. The replic T1 on my Mws turns itself off with the recoil. I can only assume the contacts on the battery, or the tolerances in the battery compartment are too large to make a proper connection. That being said, I’ve got a £12 ebay red dot on my gas mp7 and they’re fantastic.  

Any shops you can visit to try what they have on offer?

There does seem to be endless reports of poopness and how dark the knock offs are.

I have a 552 I bought about 10+ years ago (either US or China, I forget. About £100) and the glass tint is almost unnoticeable but is slighlty darkended by a mesh shield I put on it. All of that is only visible when you look with one eye which is not the way to use it.

Sadly there is no branding other than what is expected to be there. I'm not exactly sure how legit it is but for the price I'm sure it must be a knock-off. It is spot on though.

I think if you can find a real good one then you'll know exactly why they're so good at close and medium ranges (further with a magnifier but not worth it for airsoft). A real decent one is like a headsup VR on your eye when in use, so natural it's daft.

Thanks for your replies.

The reason I was looking for an eotech clone is because they look good on AKs. But Wolf is not alone in pointing out how dark and reflective the cheap ones are.

So I will ditch the idea and consider another style of red dot.

Or, I might just forget about red dots and spend the money on a tracer unit.

I agree that for CQB you don't often have the time to aim. It's generally point and shoot  and at close range it seems to work. 

Thanks again.

T1s also look dope on AKs, and they offer a much wider range of replicas to choose from!

I have a aim-o t1 replica and so far it's the best dot I've seen in terms of quality (excluding real t1s and eotechs)!

Btw, I'll never stop saying that, nothing beats a good set of irons ;)

13 hours ago, Wo1f said:

there is no good EOTech replica

I beg to differ they are just hard as fuck to come by (hurricane Eotech clone)

There are other brands that look like and do everything an EoTech does but you're are still looking at the same price (vortex UH1 £600/Leupold £600+)

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Druid799 said:

the ranges we engage at can anyone seriously say “oh I missed the hit as my red dot was off “

Well, yes, depending on the sight and the gun.  It's not like iron sights which will be more or less pointing in the same direction as the barrel.  If your red dot is off, and it's your only point of reference, you can miss consistently, and by a surprising amount even at short range.

I threw a mini-red-dot on my pistol as all the cool operators seem to be doing.  It's got 2 grub screws that are supposed to lock the adjustment off, but they don't appear to do so.  The fecker keeps going wildly out of adjustment whenever I reload, to the extent that shooting down just 7m or so of garage I can cleanly and consistently miss a 30cm target by a considerable margin if I use the dot.  So it's gone in the kit bag and and I'm back to using the stone age sights.

I have one of this type on my M4. Don't know what they are called, and I haven't really had a chance to test it yet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pinty-Tactical-Reflex-Riflescope-Release/dp/B01N9JJRJK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541783008&sr=8-3&keywords=red+dot+airsoft+sight

I've also been looking at this type. Again don't know what it is called.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pinty-Green-Tactical-Reflex-Sight/dp/B01MZ1QCHE/ref=cts_sp_1_vtp

And then there is the ACOG type. Are the clones of these better than the EOtech?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Military-Tactical-Green-Airsoft-Hunting/dp/B00KWZAZM6/ref=cts_sp_3_vtp

And then there are various Trijicon types as well as the old style 30 and 40mm tube type.

Are

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Or perhaps even "tribute". 😁

But were you hitchhiking' down a long and lonesome road.
When All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon in the middle of the road ?

and he said !

“Tell me What’s the best knock off scope in the world ?”

or I'll eat your soul." 😉

3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

<snip>

And then there is the ACOG type. Are the clones of these better than the EOtech?

Yes, some are very good. Howevers there's millions of "mimics" out there. Some are just RDS in an ACOG shell.  Some have an etched crosshair and different versions of crosshairs, some illuminate, some have working fibre optics, some don't need bateries and so on....

Just watch the ones with high magnification as most are set to ranges farther than we can shoot and therefore when you target something closer it will be out of focus (so most of the time in airsoft!) as there's no AO or PX.

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

But were you hitchhiking' down a long and lonesome road.
When All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon in the middle of the road ?

and he said !

“Tell me What’s the best knock off scope in the world ?”

or I'll eat your soul." 😉

I sung that in my head 😂

Archived