Invicta Battlefield OR Battle Lakes ???

Tackle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey guys, after some advice, gagging for a game & just had some steroid jabs in the knee so keen to see if it has helped (or at least that's the excuse I'm trying on the wife in order to play out 😜), got a Saturday game at invicta battlefield, starting at 10am til 8pm which might be interesting ?, or theres a regular Sunday skirmish at zeds battle lakes, can't get away with both & haven't been to either site yet so I'm asking those who have, which would you pick ????

Cheers

Mark

Battle Lakes is a very nice varied woodland site to play. I haven't been to the other so I can't comment (but I'm about to look it up! Cheers).

Saying that playing till 8pm could be cool as you'll get a day and night game.

I haven't played Invicta. Are you able to setup for a night game? 

Battle lakes is a good site. Quite varied. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Are you able to setup for a night game ?

not much needed ?, not got nvg any more so i'd have to wing it with a taclite for very occasional use, its only til 8pm, maybe 3hrs of darkness.

Yeah do Invicta... 

as much as I like Battle Lakes, I have never been to the other and the idea of playing past sunset sounds interesting.. Just strap on a torch to your gun, whack a helmet on (if you have one) so you dont conk your nugget on a low branch and put a spare torch in a pistol mag or pocket (just in case)

And I will certainly look to attend an Invicta game soon (cant do this wknd though :(  ) as it sounds different!

11 hours ago, Tackle said:

not much needed ?, not got nvg any more so i'd have to wing it with a taclite for very occasional use, its only til 8pm, maybe 3hrs of darkness.

I am thinking from a tracer perspective. I enjoy dark arenas a lot more with tracer rounds. 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I am thinking from a tracer perspective. I enjoy dark arenas a lot more with tracer rounds. 

I've owned most kit over the years, but never been tempted towards tracers, I'm loving my m14 socom at the mo (I use it like a dmr so might be cool for night games, single shot ftw) but don't think the flash hider comes off so fitting one might be an issue, unless I can get a tracer hop unit for it ?

25 minutes ago, Guardsman394 said:

Invicta is a great site with great people. Couldn't recommend it enough!!

I'm definitely veering towards invicta for this weekend, cheers bud.

• Supporters

Well after all that, nature made the choice for me, been horrendous storm during the night, almost biblical, & while the wind has calmed down its still pissing down in my neck of the woods, don't get me wrong I'm not made of sugar, but the risk of slipping in the dark & screwing up my knee again isn't worth taking (the physical pain I can handle, but the incessant bollocking the wife will give me is way worse in the long run😉), kits all packed so maybe battle lakes might get a visit tomorrow instead ?.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Did you go?

thanks for asking mate, had the best intentions, sat nav programmed, kit bags by the front door, clothes in the lounge to get dressed & out without disturbing anyone, alarm went off at 06.30 & all I could hear was the rain lashing on the window, can you guess what I said next ? 😉.

part of me is disappointed, but the other half is very contented, possibly due to the half a ton of roast dinner I've pushed down my neck 🐷.

gonna keep the kit packed & close to hand, & start looking at what else is happening in Kent anytime soon ?, got some more steroid jabs happening on 19th (other leg this time), so next weekend is a possible window of opportunity ?

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

thanks for asking mate, had the best intentions, sat nav programmed, kit bags by the front door, clothes in the lounge to get dressed & out without disturbing anyone, alarm went off at 06.30 & all I could hear was the rain lashing on the window, can you guess what I said next ? 😉.

part of me is disappointed, but the other half is very contented, possibly due to the half a ton of roast dinner I've pushed down my neck 🐷.

gonna keep the kit packed & close to hand, & start looking at what else is happening in Kent anytime soon ?, got some more steroid jabs happening on 19th (other leg this time), so next weekend is a possible window of opportunity ?

We are at ACE Combat in Kent on Sunday for a review. One of the oldest sites in existence. By all means tag along!

Archived