L1A1 ARES from Patrol Base

Guest Inked Airsofter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Inked Airsofter

Couldn't be any more pleased with this order from Patrol Base, despite it being two tone green I love the look of the gun, my road to UKARA will soon begin, couldn't say anything bad about Patrol Base great gun, great service, hope you all had a good weekend and have a good day

20181105_125131.jpg

• Supporters

OH MY F**KING GOD !!!!!😱

YOU TWO TONED AN SLR !🤢

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Guest Inked Airsofter
4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

OH MY F**KING GOD !!!!!😱

YOU TWO TONED AN SLR !🤢

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Had no choice my friend 😂😂 it won't stay on there for long

3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Glad you're happy but... I just can't understand spending so much money on a two tone rather than waiting a bit to get UKARA registered?!?!?!?!

A good point mate, the only reason being have played many airsoft games on and off but life was too busy to play so many games in a length of time, now with life so busy and knowing the Ares l1a1 was avalible on Patrol Base, I just went for it, as won't stay too toned for long once I get my UKARA 

3 hours ago, ChrisG said:

Could always eventually camo it up?

That's my plan mate, good old Rhodesian baby poop camo 😂😂👌👍

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Inked Airsofter said:

Im glad to see you’ve taken my post the way it was intended bud , was just having a laugh WITH YOU and not having a go at you .👍

i posted the pic on a Facebook group I belong too (was posted with exactly the same light hearted feeling behind it) and I’ve been absolutely attacked over it ! Zero sense of humour around .

17 hours ago, Inked Airsofter said:

A good point mate, the only reason being have played many airsoft games on and off but life was too busy to play so many games in a length of time, now with life so busy and knowing the Ares l1a1 was avalible on Patrol Base, I just went for it, as won't stay too toned for long once I get my UKARA 

That's my plan mate, good old Rhodesian baby poop camo 😂😂👌👍

If you have proof of you playing multiple games at different sites that is a defence you don't have to have ukara.its just very useful to have.

Guest Inked Airsofter
19 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Im glad to see you’ve taken my post the way it was intended bud , was just having a laugh WITH YOU and not having a go at you .👍

i posted the pic on a Facebook group I belong too (was posted with exactly the same light hearted feeling behind it) and I’ve been absolutely attacked over it ! Zero sense of humour around .

😂😂 ofc mate! Ik you was having a laugh 👍😂

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one myself a while back and just like Inked Airsofter i don't hold a UKARA so I bought the wood kit as I used both back in the day.

But what do you know when the SLR arrived it was all black!! 😎 Turned out they'd (who will be unnamed ) had forgotten to paint it. Even though they had taken the payment. So I'm not complaining.

I've not fired it in anger as it's on display at the moment. May fit the wood kit at some point. Beautiful bit of kit. I'm now on the lookout for a SUIT Sight but they are impossible to find 😥 

Guest Inked Airsofter
On 16/11/2018 at 06:21, D-MAC said:

I bought one myself a while back and just like Inked Airsofter i don't hold a UKARA so I bought the wood kit as I used both back in the day.

But what do you know when the SLR arrived it was all black!! 😎 Turned out they'd (who will be unnamed ) had forgotten to paint it. Even though they had taken the payment. So I'm not complaining.

I've not fired it in anger as it's on display at the moment. May fit the wood kit at some point. Beautiful bit of kit. I'm now on the lookout for a SUIT Sight but they are impossible to find 😥 

You lucky man 😂😂 I wish they would have done that with me, but yeah they are very hard to come buy indeed, I'm trying to find a muzzle break (a specific type of looking one 😂) for my Ares and it is coming to the point where I should maybe make one 🤔 if I see a suit sight about I'll be sure to contact you, I'll keep my eye out 👍

• Supporters

What flash hider you looking for ? 

19 hours ago, Inked Airsofter said:

You lucky man 😂😂 I wish they would have done that with me, but yeah they are very hard to come buy indeed, I'm trying to find a muzzle break (a specific type of looking one 😂) for my Ares and it is coming to the point where I should maybe make one 🤔 if I see a suit sight about I'll be sure to contact you, I'll keep my eye out 👍

Thanks Matey 🙂 

Thought I'd put up a picture of SLR. Not sure about the wood furniture so i replaced the polymer. I think the wood needs to be slightly darker and maybe a slight varnish. 

1303483479_SLRWood.jpg.e05e13efd29c7b882bd0bbe32571cb50.jpg

SLR Black.jpg

I'd oil it rather than varnish it.

Oil has some advantages in a working gun. The finish doesn't chip, It can be restored with a quick rub down. It gives a decent water protection. A layer of wax over an oiled finish can make it a gloss finish if you want.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Inked Airsofter said:

Something like this? 🤔

FAL-MuzzleBrakeGloverPointRight.jpg

Do believe that’s a FAL flash hider , will have a look in the junk box as I’m sure I have a few .

Guest Inked Airsofter
58 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Do believe that’s a FAL flash hider , will have a look in the junk box as I’m sure I have a few .

It sure is, sort of the look I am going for instead of a SLR 😂😂 

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Inked Airsofter said:

It sure is, sort of the look I am going for instead of a SLR 😂😂 

😜

Heresy_ Image Gallery _ Photos, Meme and Search.jpg

Archived