Making a Kydex holster

BigStew
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have decided to have a go at making a kydex holster as it's pretty hard to find a left handed desert eagle holster. I have two options pick up a cheap Springer to

Act as a mold  or mold directly off my gun. So using a Springer is extra money and no guarantee I can get one with the same dimensions as the TM Deagle. However using my Deagle runs the risk of damaging it. Can anyone recommend away to protect the gun from heat damage while still keeping a good fit?

• Supporters

If I’m using any thing I think could be affected by the heat I always ‘mould’ a couple of layers of kitchen foil over It .

• Supporters

What the Borg said , your not going to get perfect copy of every screw/angle/dimple/etc on your gun transferred to your holster like a shop bought one as they use vacuum forming to make pieces in the factory but you can get a very good ‘shape’ doing a DIY one (I’ve literally just 5mins ago finished shaping a diagonal one for my SOG Seal pup) with the right basic set up .

i use a heatgun from screwfix and a home made press which is 2 pieces of 12x6x1.5inch wood has 6holes at on end that I’ve threaded string through so I can vary the gap size and I just use a couple of layers of kip mat stuck together as the ‘forming’ surfaces , 6 on top 2 on the bottom so I get more definition on the top than the bottom (makes it easier to mount it if the bottom face is flatter) and then I just tape some more foil to the matt and use 3 squeeze grips to compress it .simples ! 👍

Archived