Price check: G&G Scar L

CaptainDumbass
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: G&G Scar L CQC

About 3/4 years old but in that time its been skirmished around 10 times and each time it was cleaned and greased after.

Shoots consistently between 310-320 FPS.

Has had a full high speed gearbox rebuild. This includes the following:

SHS 13:1 High Speed Gears

Piston has been weight reduced 

New Bearings

AOE Corrected prior to new motor

Shimmed and greased to perfection.

Nuprol High speed motor. Brand new. Havent skirmished since fitting this but test firing has shown major improvements to the gun. AOE could do with being perfected again to reduce any excessive motor whine. This is very easy to do yourself if you look it up on youtube. Or a decent tech could do it for about £20. 

This allows the gun to run with 11.1v lipo's without a problem. ROF is insane. Roughly 35-40 rps. I suggest using high quality mags. I have found cheaper mid caps struggle to keep up.

No work is needed for this gun if youre looking to buy something and take it to a skirmish straight away. It doesn't skip a beat. The original hop up has worked so well in this gun I never needed to replace or upgrade it. I would say the only things this gun would need to make it absolutely perfect are a Mosfet and a Tightbore Barrel. Aswell as having the AOE tuned again so theres less motor whine. 

Bad points:

Minor scratches and usual skirmish marks

Bolt catch unfortunately doesn't hold the bolt back, this has always been the case sine I bought the gun & is common with most G&G scar's

Fire selector is pretty stiff. This has something to do with the selector plate.

Any accessories included: 

The gun will come with a barrel extension, magpul mbus sights, original sights, Nuprol 11.1v lipo battery (used literally once), 9.9v LiFE Battery, original box, and a 450rd g&g metal mag.

Pictures: 

dZfto0W.jpg

jqRfoxl.jpg

6E8DO9j.jpg 

(I hope the engraved holo sight in the last pic is enough proof the gun is actually mine)

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

How could fitting a new motor alter the AOE?

Different shape/ thickness of pinion gear. 

65% of the cheapest Current RRP for the gun, mods could be worth 50% of their RRP if done to a high standard.

None of what you've said makes it 11.1v ready. I mean you can run anything in theory but there is no mosfet or fuze mentioned so you run a 3S at your own risk. It certainly doesn't mean it's ready from a safety POV.

Not sure how it can be perfect with the mentioned failing parts.

And what did you grease after every game? Are you saying you opened the gearbox up after every game... seems a little odd.

These little things (that may just be a play on wording, how it reads) don't help your potential sale.

GLWS.

4 hours ago, Immortal said:

None of what you've said makes it 11.1v ready. I mean you can run anything in theory but there is no mosfet or fuze mentioned so you run a 3S at your own risk. It certainly doesn't mean it's ready from a safety POV.

Not sure how it can be perfect with the mentioned failing parts.

And what did you grease after every game? Are you saying you opened the gearbox up after every game... seems a little odd.

These little things (that may just be a play on wording, how it reads) don't help your potential sale.

GLWS.

Lmao sorry I wrote this after midnight half asleep I'll amend this later.

There are no failing parts. Marks on the gun, a dummy bolt/bolt catch that doesnt even affect how the gun functions, and stiff fire selector (that still works) hardly means the guns "fails". 

It shoots fine. It has a fuse. Which in my opinion is safe enough. But if you dont agree, it is exactly why i mentioned it could do with a mosfet. In all honesty i might even fit one myself before selling the gun!

Yes, any gun can run 11.1V Lipos but any with standard gearbox parts will wear excessively or break pretty quick. This has been worked on and upgraded so it can handle the power. So IMO its ready from a mechanical point of view, and as ive mentioned if you dont think its safe, buy a mosfet! 

The gearbox was only greased when I opened up the shell (poor wording). However, after every game, I used abbey spray lubricant for cleaning the barrel, lubricating any seals/ orings, and mechanical parts such as the folding stock hinge.

Sorry for the poor wording :D

1 hour ago, CaptainDumbass said:

Lmao sorry I wrote this after midnight half asleep I'll amend this later.

There are no failing parts. Marks on the gun, a dummy bolt/bolt catch that doesnt even affect how the gun functions, and stiff fire selector (that still works) hardly means the guns "fails". 

It shoots fine. It has a fuse. Which in my opinion is safe enough. But if you dont agree, it is exactly why i mentioned it could do with a mosfet. In all honesty i might even fit one myself before buying one!

Yes, any gun can run 11.1V Lipos but any with standard gearbox parts will wear excessively or break pretty quick. This has been worked on and upgraded so it can handle the power. So IMO its ready from a mechanical point of view, and as ive mentioned if you dont think its safe, buy a mosfet! 

The gearbox was only greased when I opened up the shell (poor wording). However, after every game, I used abbey spray lubricant for cleaning the barrel, lubricating any seals/ orings, and mechanical parts such as the folding stock hinge.

Sorry for the poor wording :D

LOL... I wrote that when half asleep this morning. Sorry if I sounded a bit blunt. GLWS.

Archived