RDS Battery help

Seany.exe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone tell me wtf battery I need for this red dot? Bought it from ebay ages ago, when the battery died i chucked it without thinking. Going to be re-using it again if i can find a replacement. CR2032 for scale as it's too large.

IMG_20181104_230201.jpg

• Supporters

Damn. Had to do a lot more digging than I thought to find it - It's not exactly your typical reflex sight huh? 

Anyway, finally found it here: https://www.askari-hunting-shop.com/bearstep-red-dot-reflex-sight_0168914.html

Couldn't find any more information on it unfortunately so perhaps shoot them an email? 

• Head Moderator

I have a DL2032 coin battery in my red dot sight.   You could try looking at the battery selection in a supermarket and comparing them to the 2030 to see which could be a more appropriate size.

The numbers stamped in the battery are a description of its physical dimensions. The last two digits are the thickness of the battery while the first two (or first for batteries that only have three digits) are the diameter.   For example 2032 battery size = a 20mm diameter and is 3.2mm thick.

So if the 2032 fits but is too tall, then look for the 2025 which is slimmer.  Or is too small try 2332, etc.

On 05/11/2018 at 00:02, Gepard said:

Damn. Had to do a lot more digging than I thought to find it - It's not exactly your typical reflex sight huh? 

Anyway, finally found it here: https://www.askari-hunting-shop.com/bearstep-red-dot-reflex-sight_0168914.html

Couldn't find any more information on it unfortunately so perhaps shoot them an email? 

xD Goddamn, i got mine from ebay like 2+ years back for about £15, thats description though.

On 05/11/2018 at 07:37, Jedi_Master said:

I have a DL2032 coin battery in my red dot sight.   You could try looking at the battery selection in a supermarket and comparing them to the 2030 to see which could be a more appropriate size.

The numbers stamped in the battery are a description of its physical dimensions. The last two digits are the thickness of the battery while the first two (or first for batteries that only have three digits) are the diameter.   For example 2032 battery size = a 20mm diameter and is 3.2mm thick.

So if the 2032 fits but is too tall, then look for the 2025 which is slimmer.  Or is too small try 2332, etc.

TIL about coin batteries, thanks for this. The 2032 is too large as far as i remember the original battery fitted inside the silver ring so it'll be about 15mm. I'll try to take the site down to the shop see if i can match one up or make a little paper cutout or something. Why are there so many different button batteries lol.

I'll update this if i figure out which one it is :D

eyy, it was the 1632.

Thanks for the help guys, couldn't find any in shops so gambled on a cheap ebay one and it's the right one :D

Archived