Airsoft carry bags and cases

EmeraldPlatypus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When I do airsoft I walk about 2 kilometres to get to the feild I play at. To get the guns stuff there what I usually do is put the guns into the boxes they came in and put all those into a big camping rucksack then carry that. Is there a better way to transport my gear, im worried about my guns getting damaged and often I have to carry other peoples guns, so im worried about damaging their guns too. Budget wise im looking to spend about £50, £70 at a stretch or if anyone has creative solutions I would like to hear them.

what you are doing seems perfectly acceptable airsoft guns are not that fragile. you can get a good enough gun bag that can carry 2 full size rifles for about £30.00 or you could get a hard case and mode it to hold 4 or 5 rifles for under £70.00. how many are you needing to carry? 

• Supporters

Honestly you've got a bigger chance of it getting damaged whilst out on the field mate. I wouldn't worry about transporting it a couple klicks. 

With that being said you can always pick up a hard case. I use one by Plano, however there are better brands out there. 

I use a synth keyboard bag which has backpack straps.  Its big enough to fit a normal gun bag inside too.

You could carry several weapons rapped in cloth (towels?) to separate them.

• Head Moderator

I have one of these NCS VSIM rifle bags (in your price range), it has straps so that you can wear it like a rucksack and plenty of pockets for kit. 

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8543

If you’re walking a distance then save yourself some effort with a roller bag.

Just pop to your local discount sports warehouse and look around the other sport sections such as hokey, cricket etc.

Paintball is full of suitable bags for airsoft, but prices are inflated - good quality bags for specific purposes do cost £££ but you don’t need to spend that.

Have a good look at the options in the shop as some bags are customised to the sport but May have inserts that are velcroed in place.

My original giant paintball bag has great sections for boots, pods, guns, goggles, roll out barrel sections etc.  But everything was in two velcroed units so it spent half the year assembled and the other half stripped down and became a giant travel & festival bag

You should find a suitable bag with a large main area for guns at around £20-£30, and a better modular bag for £40-£60

If your journey is mostly on pavements etc then pretty much any roller bag will do, but if the off road distance is more than a little then check for chunky wheels.

Make sure there’s a comfy carry handle and ideally back strap options and you’re sorted

Avoid ones that don’t have a hard pull handle as the bag will just bounce and spin along behind you

• Supporters

Second what all the guys have said , before I was driving my self and relying on lifts (bit difficult carrying all my kit’n’guns on a motorbike!🤦‍♂️) I used a Bigass cricket bag for ages , had wheels for pavement and nice big shoulder straps for ‘off road’ used it for yrs got it from sportsdirect for not a lot . 👍 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

(bit difficult carrying all my kit’n’guns on a motorbike!🤦‍♂️

Pfft,I seem to manage ok. ;)

One useful thing to ad, try to avoid camo bags or others that scream Military, A good roose is a soft guitar case that has ruckstrap sacks.

If you're walking a couple of kilometres don't bother with hard cases that have handles.

It's got to be one of those soft ones that take two rifles and have shoulder straps. There are plenty of them on Amazon and Ebay, and some are very cheap.

Because I'm a tart and I like cases (dont ask why) I use the middle below (5.11 SOMS otherwise known as "some of my shit/stuff") other members of my team have the bag to the far right which is the CAMS which has a gun storage compartment which is padded underneath the main compartment (not my picture so dont ask about the dodgy flooring) you can also train these bags together as you may notice the strap on one end so you can all ride them along being pulled by your strongest mate and look super like complete bellends ;)

5-11-rolling-luggage-range.jpg

I use one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peli-Storm-IM2500-Case-without-Foam-Black-/362470052644?hash=item5464e61324

s-l1600.png

I didn't pay that though... mine was army surplus for about £70 and full of afghan sand.

Has wheels, pull handle, side handle, lockable, waterproof, sharkproof etc. There's also a shoulder strap system for them.

Gets all of my selected RIFs and gear in except the VSR which has a simple gunslip.

Archived