Who are Kublai? Would their midcaps be worth a shot?

Lollingsgrad
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Bear in mind that these things are churned out for pennies, and the price is all the the markup.  There's no inherent reason why they can't be reasonable at that price, if someone's decided to sell them at close to cost.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

They look exactly like socom gear l5 magazine that were a set of 5 for like £70 that i bought a while ago.

The same but for like £28 is defo fishy.

Unfortunately bud as the Borg said odds are your socom mags that you paid £70 for were made in exactly the same factory as these ones 😢

Just now, Lollingsgrad said:

How do you find those Socom Gears though? Can the spring hack feeding 200 rounds? I saw a YouTube video suggesting the slim profile made them so wobbly in the magwell that side pressure could make them pop out.

.... I don't mod them. And they've been feeding fine. Nothing has broke so far.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

How do you find those Socom Gears though? Can the spring hack feeding 200 rounds? I saw a YouTube video suggesting the slim profile made them so wobbly in the magwell that side pressure could make them pop out.

If you ever do have a problem with ‘wobbly’ mags one of the best simplest solutions is to put adhesive Velcro (the loop not the hook) in the magwell, gives it just enough extra tension to hold the mag in .👍

• 2 weeks later...

Got them; from looking at pictures I'm nearly certain these are either rebranded or ripped off Socom Gear Lancers because they have the same transparent top with the visible double stack when they're almost full. They feel good, no creaking, happily go into both my Ares Amoeba CCC and G&G CM16, although they only fall out of the latter on mag release; they require gentle pulling to remove from the former. They also don't seem to have any issues with wobbling out. So far they seem a bargain, but I'll be able to say for sure when I get to try them at a game

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Got them; from looking at pictures I'm nearly certain these are either rebranded or ripped off Socom Gear Lancers because they have the same transparent top with the visible double stack when they're almost full.

Socom don’t make them either , they buy them in as well so odds are they ARE the same mags in that case ! 🤦‍♂️

😂😂😂

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up on these, I can't recommend them. The spring weakened after only 4 uses and now only feeds if the gun is tilted upside down. I've managed to get them working again but I had to lubricate the BB channel which is something that always struck me as a bad idea.

Also whilst they locked into both my CM16 and my Amoeba, I had to put some tape on the back of the magwell in the former and on the rear visible portion of the gearbox in the latter to stop them rocking backwards in the magwell. I believe that was also impeding feeding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2018 at 09:58, Lollingsgrad said:

Follow up on these, I can't recommend them. The spring weakened after only 4 uses and now only feeds if the gun is tilted upside down. I've managed to get them working again but I had to lubricate the BB channel which is something that always struck me as a bad idea.

Also whilst they locked into both my CM16 and my Amoeba, I had to put some tape on the back of the magwell in the former and on the rear visible portion of the gearbox in the latter to stop them rocking backwards in the magwell. I believe that was also impeding feeding.

That's a shame. Sorry to hear. 

I have 5, they are very sticky to start with but mine have come good.  The load in 5bbs, fire off, add 5 more process is annoying and I was getting bad results 

To fix, I gave them a strip down (need tiny Allen key), take apart (lots of screws) wash in washing liquid, dry off, silicon oil, dry off, reassemble. They are now perfect.  I think the spring was a little strong initially and had bedded into the casing causing jams.  The clean up seemed to reset it all. 

A lot of bother, but they are cheap. Mine fit my Arcturus lower perfectly. 

42 minutes ago, Windydog said:

I gave them a strip down (need tiny Allen key), take apart (lots of screws) wash in washing liquid, dry off, silicon oil, dry off, reassemble. They are now perfect.

Similar story, had to take them apart and clean them then lubricate. I think they're okay now but I'm withholding judgement till I can field them in the new year.

Archived