This looks awesome for anyone that can make it..

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Can you post the pic here? The content isn't available for me. 

• Supporters

I did some telly extra work back in the day.  It was along the same lines, as well: cheaping out on professional stunt performers and Equity members by using enthusiastic amateurs with a matching skill set.

So I won't say that you should expect to be treated like cattle being herded through an abattoir, because there are rules covering that.

Consider: what will happen if you get injured during trials or filming?

Until you get your Equity golden ticket, you're a disposable commodity.

Go in eyes wide open.  Enjoy. ;)

52 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

'police fitness' ... Level 5 or 6 on a 15m bleep test!  Let me dust off my Zimmer frame 

Thats if they look at the basic requirement for all police officers. If they look at the AFO standard you’re looking at 9.4 on the bleep test. SFO I think is 12.

• Supporters

Fitness/age/etc etc what ever is immaterial  , what loon is going to use a bunch of Airsofters as actors ?😳

we don’t listen to the game brief FFS what chance there going to listen to some thespian director ! 😂

Give em decent kit and they'll be trying to do ‘dinamic entry’ on every fecking door in sight , AND more than likely breaking them selves and not the door ! 🤦‍♂️

This just has clusterf**k in big red letters written all over it ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Super64 said:

Thats if they look at the basic requirement for all police officers. If they look at the AFO standard you’re looking at 9.4 on the bleep test. SFO I think is 12.

Still not exactly a high standard though is it!? 

That’s just a basic requirement to show that you’re fit enough to start the training course. The training is continual, pass/fail assessment with a number of fitness tests and both mental and physical stress tests. Once on a team there’s regular fitness tests throughout the year to show you’re maintaining the required fitness levels.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, EDcase said:

Would love to try but I'm too old :(  (and knackered :wacko:)

lol, me too😭

6 pull ups 20 push ups and swim 200 metres. Are they going to test this?

"right lads, gets your tactical speedos on!!"

18 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, this is just for shooting the promo trailer.  Seems a bit overkill.  Or is it just poor wording? 

Pre production footage, so likely a little longer than a trailer but effectively yes a trailer :D  

42 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Pre production footage, so likely a little longer than a trailer but effectively yes a trailer :D  

OK.  Definitely weird requirements then.  200m swim for some blokes doing a trailer?  It looks like they've used the same document that they would use to find the actual contestants.

No talk of payment, or at the least covering expenses.

They just want people who look the part and look like they can handle weapons without having to fork out to pay people. 

Archived