Battery for TM AK-47

Soordeean
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Depends if its the full stock model or not, full stock has plenty of battery space an usually takes a 8.4 or 9.6v brick type nimh pack, if it's the folding stock variety it'll need a stick type battery to fit under the dust cover on the top

Just now, Valentine said:

Depends if its the full stock model or not, full stock has plenty of battery space an usually takes a 8.4 or 9.6v brick type nimh pack, if it's the folding stock variety it'll need a stick type battery to fit under the dust cover on the top

It's the full stock version. Also is there any chance you could send me a link for where to buy the batteries? 

Battery goes in the front hand guard if I recall and its pretty small.  Normally I would regard such requests for help with derision (this is afterall what Google was invented for) but as you are new around here - try this one it should fit.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/batteries-bbs-gas-chronographs-c5/batteries-c62/nuprol-power-1300mah-11-1v-20c-peq-micro-lipo-p7226

I would buy a couple of them 

A link to your gun would be helpful

Patrolbase have a good selection of batteries for decent prices an I know they'll be able to point you in the right direction for one that will fit your model, can't speak for other retailers cos so far I've only really spoken to them about potential purchases 

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Battery goes in the front hand guard if I recall and its pretty small.  Normally I would regard such requests for help with derision (this is afterall what Google was invented for) but as you are new around here - try this one it should fit.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/batteries-bbs-gas-chronographs-c5/batteries-c62/nuprol-power-1300mah-11-1v-20c-peq-micro-lipo-p7226

Can the TM AK take 11.1 lipos stock?

The OP appears to be new to airsoft and needs to research the different kinds of batteries and chargers available, their pros and cons, cost etc.

I recon it might handle a 7.4v but a 11.1v might be a bit much unless it has a mosfet tbh, plus it would be a struggle to get it to fit if it's under the dust cover rather than the stock, I've looked into the cyma ak platform which is a copy of the tm an there's not a lot of room for batteries in the stock less models

19 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Here's the link: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Tokyo_Marui_AK_AUG_Series_Tokyo_Marui_AK47.htm

5 minutes ago, Soordeean said:

Battery is definitely on the rear of the stock then so a 7.4v lipo or a 9.6 nimh brick types will fit that nicely 

On 02/11/2018 at 21:17, emilianoksa said:

The OP appears to be new to airsoft and needs to research the different kinds of batteries and chargers available, their pros and cons, cost etc.

Yeah, I'm pretty new and that's exactly what I was wondering.

23 hours ago, Valentine said:

Battery is definitely on the rear of the stock then so a 7.4v lipo or a 9.6 nimh brick types will fit that nicely 

What's the difference between a Lipo and NiMH batteries? and what dimensions should I get? (sorry for the stupid questions, I just wanna get things right)

Lipo tend to be a fair bit snappier an have more usable power as far as I can tell, a 7.4v lipo gives around the same performance as a 9.6v nimh but they are slightly more hassle to look after, gotta keep an eye on them charging an not let them drop below 3v but there small alarm type things that plug into the charging port that let you know when the voltage gets low in use. 

It's generally recommended for new comers to use nimh tho just for ease til you get more comfortable with using them, personally having used lipo for vaping I feel comfortable enough with them to go straight to lipo but it pays to do some research, some decent videos on the subject on youtube

Archived