Can someone give me the QRD on motors?

koppel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Everyone advertises the number of turns, the problem is this is a shit metric as you can have radically different stall torque and kV with the same number of turns depending on magnets, wire gauge, case thickness, air gap etc.

What i'm looking for is instant trigger response but NOT too high a rate of fire, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

If you want a quick trigger then I'd be looking at mosfets like a Titan for example. The motor speed makes a difference of course but the speed to turn it on or off is just as important IMHO.

As @Immortal has said.

Fancy electrics aside ROF does go hand in hand with trigger response.

So you either run a fast setup and play semi only.

Run a fast setup and throttle back full auto with a basic Fet.

Or run a std setup with a Titan or BTC with pre-cocking.

Whatever you go for quality battery with good C rating, wiring etc can give big gains to an otherwise std setup.

I find the sweet spot for both is low 20 RPS

If you matched a motor that had equal RPM to your stock motor but more torque as well, then yes that would improve response as the motor would be able to come up to speed quicker from a stationary position.

You really have to chew the numbers, most torque motors have a slower RPM, which is why they are normally matched to a speed gearset.

I like this combo myself;

Balanced gears (std)

22TPA motor

11.1 high discharge

Archived